Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Here Comes a New Year!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!! The years just seem to come and go, I don't know how I've been out on my first full-time mission for so long. 

On Christmas Eve, my Zone and I went hiking up Flatirons and it was so fun! I realized that I need to do better work-outs in the mornings. Once everyone made it to the top of the mountain, we all sat on two giant rocks that were hanging off the cliff and read Luke 1 and 2. The Spirit was so strong and I loved being with some of my best friends! As we hiked down the mountain, half the time we just slid down because of how much ice was present. It was loads of fun. That night, a member took us out and we caroled her neighborhood with her. It was cool to see how many neighbors she had befriended.

Christmas Day was a blast! The call home was a struggle to get the wifi to work. After many attempts, we were finally able to work things out and I was able to talk to everyone.
I love and miss my family, but the phone call just felt like a regular conversation with them. It won't be too long until I get to bug them in person. We had Breakfast at one house, watched 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and ate a little lunch somewhere else, then we watched Trolls (not my choice), and the forth house we had dinner and played some games. I would say it was a well-filled Christmas season!
(Shane got married on the 29th in the Houston Temple. Sister Reynolds was there in spirit.)


This week we are teaching two new people. One of them is Terry. He is an older gentleman that loves cars and has two really expensive ones. We've taught him the Plan of Salvation and will continue giving him the lessons. On Friday night we were knocking on some doors and found Esmeralda. She is super cute and is a little younger with a 15 year old boy. She said that she knows she needs to be getting closer to God, and knows that we came over to her house for a reason. Saturday night, we also taught her the Plan of Salvation and will see where she goes. While leaving her place, we went to the parking lot to find that someone blocked our car in. The neighbors were mad that we took the spot where they usually park. We didn't so anything illegal, but they threatened to call the police. It was funny, and we almost did the same. 

We have been working on finding more people to teach and cleaning up some records that have been kept. It's been a super productive time as a missionary in the Boulder area! I can't wait to see what next year holds. There are exciting things that are about to happen here in Colorado, and I'm ready to be able to participate in those. I'll keep all of you updated as the time goes on!

Shout-outs;
-After Christmas dinner we played Skip-o
-We also played Nerf Gun wars
-Then we played a board game version of an escape room

Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home