Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"Watch out with what you say, because she can hear everything" -Dr Pingree


I went to see the ENT Doctor on  Thursday and that seriously took up our whole day. The first thing we did in the morning was leave for our gorgeous ride down to where I used to live. We road along the outside of our mission because we were already going to be out of our area for the appointment, and we got permission to leave. It was so amazing just coasting by the big mountains. This morning, the snow had drizzled a bit, so the mountains were nicely coated and the roads were safe to drive on.
Once we made it down to Lone Tree, right next to Parker, we went out to eat, and then I had to fill-out some paper-work for my appointment. The result of this meeting was follows;
*I have perfect hearing (that's where the quote came from on the subject)
*The crystals in my ears are fine and there's no issues there
*Someone was able to put Sister Reynolds in a corner, in a box *moans*
*It's super easy to make me feel dizzy
*I am on a week long medication that I was on when I got into a car accident
*I am taking 4-6 pills of Advil a day, had to go buy some more
*I have exercises that I have to do daily that make me so dizzy, one is throwing the ball, so I'm having fun carrying around balls and having a medical reason for it
*They want me to go do some PT and possibly some dry needling
*There's no confident conclusion on what's wrong with me. However, they're expecting me to be better in about 2 months
On our way back from the Dr's appointment, Sister Sanwo accidentally took a wrong turn, and we ended up waaayyy out of our mission. It was super funny, but super scary. We were then just trying to follow the GPS, and it took us through this little town in Golden.
I love the adventure that we were on today, even if I do feel sick every time I'm in a car. Being in three missions in one day is really such a blast, I'm so thankful for being able to do things differently than other missionaries, Sister Reynolds likes standing out in her own way!

In Relief Society, I asked to pass around a badly made list to see when the sisters of our ward would be able to come out with us so we could get more work done when I have to stay home and rest. To my surprise, a lot of people actually signed up and said that they could help us out. I was super touched my this, I'm so thankful for the ward that I'm serving in! It's so awesome when you see how many people are willing to help you in your time of need. There were a lot of women in there that I haven't even been able to talk to much, and they signed-up to help. I'm so bad at asking for help, but I couldn't be more touched that I was able to do that.

On Sunday, there was a member's grandson, David, and his friend, Crystal, who came to church. They are about 19 years old, and both super sweet. They stayed all three hours and seemed very touched by all three meetings. We were able to get Crystal's number and she said she'd be interested in meeting with us, coming back to church, and going to the women's conference on Saturday. We're excited to reach out to her more and see how we can help her come closer to Christ. If they become investigators, then they will have to be handed over to the YSA (young single adult) ward because they are within that age range. It's okay if we can't keep them though, as long as they're finding their pathway back to their Father. 

Challenge: For those who don't go out much, find a time this week to let loose and have a little fun. Going out somewhere, that isn't too expensive, or driving a little farther than normal, or anything that you like doing, do it. Relax and find the joy in the adventures that you like taking, that you don't do enough for yourself. Dove chocolate tells me to treat myself all the time.

Miracle Moment;
Our Zone Leaders picked up some mail for us and the next day they gave it to Sister Sanwo and I. Sister Sanwo got some shoes, some glasses, and a letter. We also got the Ensign for this month. As my beautiful family knows, I love letters. Both of my parents had told me that the family had hand-written me some letters. When the Zone Leaders didn't have a letter for me, I was a little saddened. That whole day we had to stay home because I wasn't feeling too well. Sister Sanwo wanted to play the piano so we went upstairs for a little bit. I was having a self-pity party because I wasn't out and about doing what the other missionaries were doing. I was chilling on the couch, closing my eyes, and trying to relax so the aching swelling in my head would go away. Later, the doorbell rang with a package for the members we live with. Brother Tarullo got the door, then came in and gave me a letter from my family. The Lord was waiting a little longer for me to be at a lower point in the day, before he surprised me with something that I truly treasure. I'm so thankful for the His timing and all that He does to lift me up. I also couldn't be more grateful for my family and the constant love and support they give me. I love you so much!!!

Shout-out;
-I went to the butterfly pavilion, that humidity the moment you walk in reminds me of some strange place called Houston

-At the butterfly pavilion I saw some flowers that looks like it came from a place over s short distance across the waters, I love my foreign friends 
-I held Rosie/ the tarantula (she's famous, like me. She was in the movie "Heaven is for Real")! I need my mom to join me and get a sticker with me ;)


-The wonderful Ballew family sent me a package with some goodies in it. The Ballews are the best!
-The Ballew family also sent me dove chocolates. Made me think of some old times with my two best friends on a super amazing band trip that I'll never forget!

Pictures:
-The factory in the picture is actually a beer factory. So many people in our area talk about it, even members, so we thought we would talk some pictures for some people because we were out of our mission and this would probably be the only time that we'd be able to see it or even be near it.
-There are lots of pictures of the mountains and us being out of the mission, sorry.
-There's also a lot of pictures of us at the butterfly pavilion, it was loads of fun!












No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home