Thursday, July 5, 2018

Fire-works!


As this is the beginning of July, I thought to make a fun-ish subject. My weekly email this week will be super short, and I apologize in advance for that. Today is transfer day, and they won't change our P-day. There are also extra crazy things happening with sisters needing help to do last-minute packing for the last-minute transfer changes. Since there's so much going on, our P-day has been made extra extra short. 


Hey Sister Reynolds! How was your week?
....
What? 
Y'all! It was so crazy! I can't even. So here are some random questions I'm asking myself in-front of you, because I'm just trying to cope with.... how interesting missionary life can be sometimes.

Why are your companions walking in the dark?
They closed down half of our parking spots in our apartment building, so we had to park far-ish away, and then walk over to go home, it was past 9:00 pm.





What;s up with the "Reynolds" sign?
There was a sister, Sister Dennis, who served in my mission. She came home, and ended up moving to Colorado because she got married to someone with the last name Reynolds. 

What do sisters do when they have a car accident/ when a member drives them to save miles and they go over a big curb super fast and one of your companions hits her head on the window?
Pretend that they're Sister Reynolds by having a concussion, going to the ER, get two Priesthood Blessings, and stay inside with no light or sound for a few days.

How many companions do you have? 
Girl! I don't even know anymore! So I thought it was Sister Aversa and Sister Sauls. Then I've been with Sister Thompson and Sister Lester so much, and one of them has taught more lessons to someone in my ward than one of my own original companions, that it's all just a blur. They're not just sisters that I've gone on splits with, because this week alone, I've gone one splits with 6 other sisters. Man, this is flip-flopping all over the place.



Why did your mascara just start to run down one side of the face?
You mean my "obedient mascara"? Well let me tell ya. I was out with this member, trying to find people, and I swore a bug flew in my eye. I thought I was going insane because I didn't think that was possible. Low and behold, a few hours later when I was back with my 4 companions, that this dead thing comes out of the corner of my eye. Do you know what it was? a bug!

What happened on Saturday?
I'm so thankful you asked! I had my first baptism!! Ailyn got baptized, and I couldn't be more blessed for that. I was able to stand inside the bathroom and watch her get baptized from that view. I can't believe she made the decision to do that so fast, she's amazing! So many people showed up to her baptism. She came to 3 hrs of church in my ward, only one Sunday, and she had a whole fan club. We had to keep adding chairs as people came in. During the baptismal service, they asked me to conduct the music, I enjoyed that.

How was Sunday?
Oh, where to start. Ailyn received the Holy Ghost and it was so strong. I was wondering if she, or anyone else, would be able to notice it.



Where's Sister Aversa/ your mom #3?
ummm... she is dead... She went home. Yours truly helped kill her off. Don't worry! We gave her a proper funeral service at the end of our last District Meeting, and she knew this was coming. 


How's "Meet the Elders" going?
It finished on Friday. Alright, here's my quick story. Once upon a time, Sister 1 and I drove to drop off Sister Aversa off at the mission office for her interview. My companion, and that sister's 1 companion, Sister 2, was resting with Sister Sauls concussion. Then, sister 1 and I, picked up two sisters, sister 3 and 4, who lost their car due to actions that were against the tiwi rules, and we dropped one of them off for their interviews. Sister 1, Sister 4, Sister Aversa and I went to some service. After we drove some sisters, going home, around to get lunch. All of those sisters then stayed at the mission office because they were going to their departing temple trip. Then sister 1 and I went with sister 4 to see Sister Sauls in the ER with sister 2. Sister 1 and 2 stayed with Sister Sauls, and sister 4 and I did some work. Later, sister 4 and I went to pick up our companions, who were supposed ti be back at 5:30. Time passed, and we found out that they weren't going to be back until a little after 7. We were in Broomfield, and Sister Baldwin needed to get down to Parker to film a video of "Meet the Elders' for President Savage. Sister Baldwin and I ended up taking my car and agreed to meet our companions later that night in Parker. It turns out that and elder going, had his mom coming, invited by our mission president, and totally surprised him. I loved seeing so many people I love from Parker there. After the musical, we video chatted with Ailyn over Facebook, and taught her some lessons. Finally, we were able to drive all the way back up to Westminster to go home, pick up our companion, and sleep. Crazy crazy day. Super exhausted. More insane things happened, but that's the gist of it.

In one of your pictures are you holding up a huge box of chocolate??
Uhhh, you know it! I got that at the food bank service. They really do love me after all. Don't worry, I'm going to share it! ;)


When'd you find out about transfers? 
We were told that we'd find out at 3:00 pm on Saturday. At 10:30 pm, we were told that Sister Sauls and I were staying. Sunday at 4:15 pm, I found out I was transfering. They didn't tell me where, but I had dinner, had to drive around Sister Aversa and do some chores for her, and then I ended up packing within 2 hours.

How'd you survive the insane week?
I... ate chocolate... fell on the floor a few times (like on purpose).... pretended I could sleep in the car.... talked to some dogs.... annddd ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off.... ahhhhhhh!!... I'm good though :)  


Who's your new companion and your new area?
I am with the beautiful and gorgeous Sister LeCheminant. We are serving in the big and bad City Park/ the real down-town Denver/ the place where missionaries only dream of going. During my interview with President Savage, he asked me if there was any place on my mission I wanted to go. I told him no, but at the beginning of my mission I wanted to be an online missionary and wanted to go to City Park (for obvious reasons of City Park). He asked me if I've ever been there, I said twice on exchanges, he asked me if I liked it, I said that I did and that the drivers almost reminded me of the horrible ones in Houston, and that the crazy stuff always going on reminded me of Las Vegas, both places I've lived. He said that was good information to know, and that was that. Now that I'm in City Park, get ready for awesome stories and a trillion pictures!!

From mom's email: "I just have the main weed factory here. City Park is the place to be in the Denver North Mission. the very center of the Denver down-town area. I live right off of Colfax.... look it up... it's like the scariest street on the mission. Just lots of shootings and kid-nappings. BUT!! President wouldn't put sisters here if he didn't think it was safe. He already took sisters out of another area, outside of Denver, because he wanted to protect sisters"

Spiritual message;
Although life may seem super crazy, and it may feel like you're always having a FIRE blow up in your face or around you, always remember that things will always WORK out with the Lord's help. I hope all of you enjoy Fourth of July!!

Shout-outs;
Alright, I think about you all the time, but this week I'm not sure if any of you really existed to me because I always had 5 things running at once.

--Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home