Thursday, July 5, 2018

I love being on a mission!! CDNM is the best!


A Week At A Glance;
P-Day~ We joined some Sisters in our zone for their Sisters' P-day. They had a cooking competition, with some random food.
The Zone Leaders were our judges. Of course, with my cooking, we won... ish. We emailed our beautiful friends and family. On our way to emailing, Sister Sauls was racing with our Zone Leaders (who, in fact, didn't have a tiwi). Sister Sauls drove in-front of them. A big, black truck was in-front of us, and he randomly stopped. We drove around that car, and then he got mad, so he cut us off. The Zone Leaders, who were behind us, went around us and cut off the black truck. We're pretending that they stood up for us and protect us from a truck, but they were probably just trying to beat us to the library. After emailing, drove to go to our Sisters' P-day. Sister Sauls was driving to city park/ downtown Denver, and I was scared for my life. 
Sister Sauls is from the middle of no where, but, since she got her licenses back last week, she wants to drive, if she's not sick. Sister Aversa has never driven before, and is from a different country. So we were driving in a busy, traffic filled downtown area, with these hooligans up front, and me chilling in the back. It was funny, extremely dangerous, but a pretty view for me. With the sisters we played Chubby Bunny (marshmallow game), Mormon Family Feud (as we threw whip cream pies in each other's face), and a card came called Phase 10. It was such a fun P-Day, but very crammed because of all that we had to do. We also took a million amazing pictures this night!

Megan's B-day~ know that I was thinking about you my sis! My ward had a stake temple day today, and I was able to see the musical, "Meet The Elders". We fiiinnaalllyy went to the office for our A.C., and they fixed it for us later that day!!

20th~ One of our Sisters got sick. They had an appointment today, so they called us and asked us if we could go on splits with them. So one of us stayed with the sick sister, one of us went to their appointment, and I went to our bingo service. We called some members in our ward, and were finally able to find someone to join me. I love retirement homes, they're all cranky and it's super funny, they're all cute too. Plus, calling Bingo and making the day of these ladies that come is such a blast. 

The Longest Day of the Year~ This day was really the longest day of the year. Since I missed dinner (because I stayed with the sick sister), which was with the amazing lady that room me to bingo and has an awesome yellow jeep, my companions drove to the apartment in the jeep, so I could take the jeep back to get house and get the car.

When my temporary companion and I got into my car, we saw that the gas was literally on E!! We have been asked to fill the tank every time it is at half. I haven't been the driver in a few days, so I had no control over filling up the car. Having to go to an appointment in the other sister's ward, I made sure the ac was turned off, and that there was no led in my foot/ I drove safer than I do with a tiwi. I didn't die, but man, that was a tight one. The one sister who hasn't sick, has been going completely insane staying in the house with nothing to do. There are videos of her rolling around on the floor and screaming into a pillow. So for those of you who have been wondering, yes, sister missionaries have the capacity to loose their minds haha.

22nd~ The poor Sister Lester was sick again, so we helped them out with the things they had to do today. The second sister started getting a fever. Sister Sauls started getting sick this night. An investigator, Dani, asked to feed us for dinner. Since members like to sign-up to fed us for dinner, we ended up having two dinners this night. We felt so stuffed this night. Originally, since Sister Lester was sick, we were going to let Sister Thompson take my place so she could eat dinner. My companions both know the size of my stomach, and they knew that I couldn't handle two dinners. Sister Thompson ended up getting sick, so the originally trio of us went to two dinners. You wonder why missionaries gain so much weight? That's because we sometimes accept more than one dinner out of trying to build trust with others, and the holidays are even worse. 

Breather Day for Sister Reynolds~ This morning Sister Aversa and I felt a little sick. Sister Thompson started feeling better. Half-way through the day, I got better, so that night I went back to work. I have to be honest, I really really enjoyed this day!  All we did was relax. Sister Lester and Sister Aversa received Priesthood blessings, I was mostly better by the time the Elders came, and I didn't have anything major. I slept, read some of a talk, and played 4 different card games (Love card games!)
Then by the end of the day I was back at the work, so I wasn't driven crazy by sitting inside all day. The Lord truly knew that I needed a short break, so he blessed me with this day. Today all 4 Sisters made fun of me. They don't think I could survive in the sketchy/ ghetto areas of the mission, they laughed at the thought of me being there. I pretended to wave at a cop, so that's what I get ;p

P-Day Eve~ Church with our first ward was pretty good. We had about 10 minutes to go home and eat a snack, a meeting was canceled, so we took advantage of our extra time. When we were leaving to go to the church, our car started to have some issues. The remote to the Malibu, wouldn't unlock,  but it would lock. What we did, because Sister Reynolds is smart, is take the part of the handle off where we could do it manually. Somehow, someway, we messed this up.


The car alarm started going off once we opened the door. We tried everything to make it be quiet. Our only solution, that worked, was to have the keys in the car, and locked. So Sister Sauls was "locked" in the car. If we unlocked it, and she came out, then the alarm would go off again. I had to give a talk in church, which started in about 25 minutes. We called our car coordinator, he didn't answer, we called some Elders, they were clueless on what to do and just laughed at us, and we called some members and asked them to pick me up so I could give my talk. Grami ended up taking me to church, and we were able to contact the car coordinator. I went to church and gave my talk, and the sisters waited for Elder Reeder, who gave them a new key. The Sisters made it to church right as I was closing with my testimony. The rest of our Sunday was really good.

People;
•Richard- We read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with him, 1 Nephi 1. We invited him to read the next chapter. When we came back two days later, he almost finished chapter 10!! We read chapter 11 with him and invited him to keep reading, which he committed to do because be said he enjoyed reading. In church, since I was sitting up on the stand for my talk, I saw Richard sitting in the congregation. The 3rd speaker talked about Nephi, Laman, and Lemuel. Once be started talked about these three guys, I saw Richard perk up, because he understood who they were and what their stories were. I could tell he was impressed by what knowledge he gained and hearing someone else talk about it.
•Lori & Troy- Troy recently moved in with Lori. They both have a huge smoking problem. We invited both of them to slowly stop smoking. Lori has someone in her life making hey stressed,  causing her to feel like she needs to smoke more. They're both super stubborn, but they have recognized what they need to do, which is great, but their action taking is very slow.
•Dani- We had dinner with her one night. We weren't really able to teach her any actually lesson though. She's amazing still.
•Ailyn- One day, she walked into church and she met the Elders in another ward. Ailyn is in my ward boundraies, so the Elders gave her to us. She is such a miricale to us. We taught her an amazing lesson over the Plan Of Salvation. The lesson was in a Sister's home, who joined us, and there was another brother and sister member present for it as well. Ailyn came to church, she was engaged the whole time (including during sacrament meeting), she met lots of people, and she really seemed to enjoy it.
•Chris- We taught the Book of Mormon to him. Umm.. not sure how much of it he really understood. He seemed to think that it was pretty cool. Chris, in his 60's-ish, lives with his mom.  We invited him to come to church. He called us later in the week and said that he asked his mom for permission, and she said no. 
Toby- He drunk called us. Not sure if we're going to keep meeting with him, we don't know if he's interested in changing any of his choices.

Miricale Moment:
On one of our splits, two sisters and I really wanted to take pics with these metal buffalos. We were in the area checking up on a family, who aren't all members. After not finding them home, we knocked on some doors before we left. When we drove around the corner to take pictures, we ran into a couple with a dog. It turns out that the women used to be a member a good few years ago, has two teenagers, and lives super close to the other family we were stopping by. There's no such thing as coincidences. This wasn't my area, but it was an amazing miracle to be able to talk to them for a good 15 minutes, then get our pictures. 

Spiritual Moment:
On Sunday, I felt prompted to take my talk inside with me when my companions and I were going to eat a snack. For those good friends of mine, y'all know how much I enjoy carrying my bag and other stuff around. I had this fear that we wouldn't be able to get back in the car.
So I took my whole bag with me, and it turned out that we had car problems restricting us from going in there and getting to church in time for our talk. I'm so thankful to have the constant companion of the Spirit in my life.

Challenge:
Rest! Take a breather sometime. "...it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize..." (Mosiah 4:27) On the morning of the 24th, I got up, said my prayers, and exercised a bit. Through me being "dilligent" and obedient to what we've been asked to do as missionaries, I was blessed with not feeling so good. Heavenly Father was able to help me feel this way so I could get the well-needed breather for most of the day. My challenge to y'all is to be good and try in all things, but also, take a break one day or half a day if you push yourself too hard.

Shout-outs;
-HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN! You're so old now, I never agreed to you growing up when I was on my mission.
-Sister Sauls keeps changing clothes whenever we have a chance to stop at home,  makes me think of a dear sis of mine!
-We visited a Less-active member, and she had two Duck Dynasty mats.
-My companion had this face mask thing, but for your feet. She made me put them on, and it was like having a massage. Thanks for those who would do that for me haha
-I went to chick-fil-a again and I noticed how much the price has gone up since I would pay for my best friend and my meal all the time, it's crazy. 
-Thank you for all of those who have shared your beautiful testimonies to me over the Book of Mormon, it's amazing and uplifting.
-I appreciate those who send me a little email through-out the week for me to see. It doesn't matter how positive or negative it is. Just as long as you're being yourself and honest. It makes my days so much better to just hear from you
-We did service for this member in her front yard. She pulled out some mulch. It was like when we had to place mulch for when I was earning money with the YM, it was fun! 
-I rode in this amazing yellow jeep. It wasn't red, but it reminded me of a Texas friend and a Colorado cousin, who didn't have doors.
-I watched this YW open her mission call, she's going to Brazil! I hope you're as excited as she is my friend. 
-The Elders brought us some card games. I appreciate all you who sit through a card game with me :) Oh! Important information! I won all the card games from both Monday and the day I was recovering. I have pictures to prove it, just thought you should know ;p ;p 
-Thanks to my friend for sending me an amazing talk I could read the day I was recovering. I don't know how you do it, but you seriously find the best stuff!
-Aiyln is from Peru. Also, can't stop thinking about my dad's joke about that name.


~Sister Reynolds :) \('^.^\)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home