Tuesday, July 17, 2018

City Park!!

I love serving in the center of all things! I'm such an attention hog ;p


I love my District and my Zone! Everyone here seems to support and uplift each other. We all want to work super hard, but we know how to not be serious all the time. We don't have unnecessary drama with each other, and that's such a relief. I'm excited to work more with these people. My companion are working so hard that we're exhausted all the time and so one day we ended up "falling asleep" while in the car... whoops.


At our District Meeting, we figured out how the world is changing. Since we're missionaries, it's harder to be apart of the world. Together we learned that "texting is the new calling", as in, people have a hard time responding to any texts you get, and are about as comfortable with calling as texting. BUT! Facebook has turned into the new texting. Facebook is the place we can go now to get people to talk to us and respond to basically everything. I'm so thankful for the technology that we have been given in this mission.

On the 4th of July there was a ward picnic/ breakfast. I went around and I was meeting new members. Now, I'm in City Park, so... some of these people aren't straight in the head, but they're super fun! I'm super excited to get to know all of them and figure out the best way to help them and their needs, even though we are barley fed. The only thing that changed about missionary life on this day, was that we had to go home at 8pm. We heard tons of fireworks this week.. we think.. We were encouraged to be out and about, so I posted the idea of going to the 16th street mall.

16th street mall was a blast!!! There were some... less safe things there, but I loved every moment of it. It really did feel like I was home in Las Vegas. There were street performers, people trying to sell you things, lots of shops, lots of people, music playing, etc.


My gentile birthday, we had our Stake Breakfast with all of the missionaries. Afterwards, we went to lunch with a few select sisters. There was this small program President and Sister Savage started and my current companion was in it. They invited all of us to lunch, and we hung out and talked together. Sister Savage called me out, in a good way, and I loved it. We were actually fed for dinner, and we were taken to a Mexican restaurant. Since it's my GENTILE Birthday, I didn't celebrate, sorry to all those who've been asking me. In fact, no one really knew it was my birthday, I didn't think it was important enough to share honestly. However, I went to Chick-fil-a before I got home and grabbed a quick drink ;p


Funny Quotes;
"You know that something's wrong with you when you're from a lot of hot places, and your companion is from Alaska, and somehow she ends up being colder than you"
"I use applesauce to cure my hiccups"
"Dark, sketchy alleys do exist!"
"We tracted a sketchy area at night and survived"
"If my mom saw where I was at, she wouldn't let me be on my mission"
"Did you see the sleeping lady?... hopefully she's not dead... did you see the flies around her?.... Let's go before our DNA is left behind."
"Is that a Firework, or a gun shot...?"

Shoutouts;
-Since we're never fed in Denver, one night I pulled out a bag of chips and some cheese. I realized I was missing a special sauce, I have officially been converted.
-We do this service at a church, and the Elders join us. There was this one Elder who walked around the church calmly and was just taking in everything thing he learned. I thought it was Shane I was seeing.
-Also at the church service, there's this sign that says "Bradys room"

-Thanks for all your packages and letters!
-I took a video of myself and my companion. I was completely white. It was like sc all over again.
-At the ward picnic, this member played his bagpipes. I'm ready for another guy I know to finish learning in the next 9 months
-My Ward Mission Leader said, "you can't fix stupid". I told him that someone I once knew taught me that very same quote...
-Tiwi is the new find your phone. I feel like my mom is going to learn how to hack into that to make sure I'm always safe now.
-Little bro, I saw a road sign that said Havana.
-I'm teaching this 8 yr old and she likes to dab..
-16th street mall feels like Vegas all over again, minus some details.

-Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home