Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sister's Are the Top Dogs

It's super weird, some people are counting down the days until when I go home. They informed me that I'm now in the double digits, I don't like this decrease in time. Also, heads-up, my P-Day next week will be moved to Thursday due to our transfers coming up. For now on, every 6 weeks it will be that way!

Last P-day we had Zone P-day! As the usual and typical thing to do, we played some sports. It was a little crazy, yet pretty fun. We have a really big zone, so I feel like I don't really know anyone here, but they all seem cool.

Sister's Conference was on Tuesday! A little more than a third of the sisters in the mission got together to have a special meeting. We had some senior sisters give us some really good trainings, they fed us lunch, we did some silly activities, and also had a fashion show. For the fashion show, we were showing the other sisters what was and wasn't appropriate to wear on a mission. I was a dis-obedient missionary, who could've guessed. Of course, I was overly dramatic with the jewelry and crazy outfit, I made the sisters laugh and have a good time. Also, one of the senior missionaries texted one of our APs, who actually came out with me, and asked him who he knew that could help set-up some computers to a tv for some presentations. Apparently, this Elder suggested me. Fun fact, just because I know theatre tech, doesn't mean I know tech tech, but I was more than ecstatic to be specifically called up and help out. The more I talk to others, the more I find out how Sister Savage told tons of people that I was going to be apart of an upcoming musical fireside called Meet the Missionaries!

We had exchanges with the sisters that I'm over. I went over to their area and we had a blast! I was with Sister Haderlie and Sister Draney, and I pretty sure they're the absolute sweetest sisters in the world!! It was actually almost scary how perfect the two of them really are, I love them. They taught me how to do OTC (Online Teaching Center), it was so cool how missionaries can literally talk to anyone anywhere. If you're ever curious on talking to missionaries, just go to mormon.org
and start a chat or request something. There's so many people online waiting for those who want to talk. 

We went to choir practice for the first time in the Red Leaf Ward. We were really impressed by how well everyone sounded and by the amazing choice of the music.

Interviews with President Savage were on Sunday. We discussed a few things about the areas and my companion briefly. Then we got to the good stuff. President Savage was telling me how they were progressing on the Meet the Missionary practices on a musical stand point. President explained some of the struggles and ideas. I told him how I was practically going crazy just sitting in the background waiting. As someone that has been as involved with theatre and the whole process as I have been, I feel like I have to be in the center of the whole creation. I was informed that they didn't want to waste my time, so they've been holding off a little until I fully come into the picture. I had the chance to ask President Savage what exactly I was doing. He said that he wants me to help out with the lights and props and all that jazz. Then more specifically, he wants me to work the sound during the performances. He asked me if I would be okay doing that, and I'm all in. They might be ready for me to jump on the ship by Wednesday, but I'm not going to count on anything. Performances for this start at the end of February and go until sometime in April. I'm super excited I get to do one of my top few dream jobs while I'm serving the Lord!!

Shout-outs;
-Only reason I knew how to help-out with Sister's Conference was because of having to hook-up some video gaming units.
-My ward mission leader/ a senior missionary/ the Elder who is the secretary to the mission president/ a recent convert of five years/ Elder Martin loves Bruce R. McConkie. In fact, that's his favorite person and he reads all of his books!
-My companion loves the Fruit Smiles fruit snacks.
-Too many kids know about and play Fortnite, I'm glad I learned some things from you before I came back out.

Sister Aubrey Kaye Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home