Sunday, February 10, 2019

I just got here!

My brain is totally fried for all that has happened this week and a half, I can't even remember what there is to report on.


Over a week ago, we took a little trip to the mission office so my companion could pay a fee, we could return some bug spray, and so I could say by to the wonderful Elder and Sister Etherington. I remember when they came into the mission for the very first time. I met them in the mission office, and then the very next day I was in Georgia. When I came back, I became very close to them, and they really mean the world to me!

At the beginning of last week, we had an event change our life.Wednesday morning we took our car into the shop. Tuesday night our Malibu was beeping at us and saying that our Engine Power was Reduced. We contacted our car coordinator and asked about what we should do. He told us to take it in and have people look at it. We called ahead of time, and they wouldn't let us schedule an appointment. We took it in to a guy who goes by the name Tall Tom (yes, he actually is pretty tall). Anyways, we asked him how long he think it'd take, and he said that he'd just contact us when it's done. We expected that it would take about two hours.... and now it's been over a week. As a result, we've been walking everywhere, including through different weathers where they have actually grounded cars because of how unsafe it became. We rode the bus once, hurt our toes, carried many hand warmers around, slid many many times (it's a new talent that I'm calling Slippery Trickery), walked half an hour one way on multiple occasions, became really dizzy, on the verge of becoming sick, was uncontrollably shivering inside for over four hours, I think my pinkie toe is broken, I somehow was bleeding from a nice big space on my leg onto my tights, etc. I love these random adventures. I think it's super fun and funny!!

Meet The Missionaries: I don't have much information on this, but I know what songs are being sung and the dates of it all going down. They let me listen to everything on Monday, the first day the missionaries were practicing on the stage, and it was pretty good. I also joined the practice that was on Wednesday as well. There's been a lot more practices, but I was just popping in. There are a lot of ideas that they're thinking about implementing, but nothing seems to really be making sense. I'm not too positive on all they want me to do yet, but I have totally blocked the whole thing and have created different set and prop lists. Hopefully I can start being more involved, but right now I haven't done much. However, I am excited to be able to follow these missionaries around the mission and do whatever they'll let me do!!

Other stuff from this week is included as follows. We were kicked-out of our apartment, even though we don't have a car, for 8 hours so people could spray anti-bug stuff. Went to a talk about institute by John Bytheway. Did service at a Food Bank. Had a lesson and a church tour with Tony, and he didn't end up coming to church. Got stuck in the middle of our area, with no car, far away from our apartment and church building, and couldn't get a hold of anyone for a long while. Skipped going to one of our wards because we didn't have a way to get there, now we don't cover that ward anymore. Met some of the greenies when the music missionaries sang to them after practice. Got a ride from basically everyone we know. Experienced near death. Most importantly, had fun and partied!

Transfers were today, and I saw a lot of my old Elder friends. I reconnected with so many of them, and they helped let me know that the clock is ticking. My reality is so shaken-up. My companions, Sister Christensen and Sister Pease, were making fun of me and telling me that I'm in the denial stage. The truth is, I'll be a missionary forever, the end.

Shout-outs;
-I taught the less active member twice since last time I emailed. He's about 61, plays golf about every weekend, and he lived off of Andrews street (at a house that used to be owned by his family) in Edinburgh.
-Thanks for the black gloves to keep my hands warm!
Special Shout-outs;
*I thought about you almost every day to try and figure out what should go here. Now I can't remember anything I thought of..*
-At these one members house, they had 4 little girls, each girl had completely bleach blonde hair.
-Ummm... something about make-up or hair..
-Other things and stuff.
-More stuff because I love ya!

Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home