Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Bolder Boulder





I love this zone because my companion somehow got permission from Sister Savage to have Zone P-Day every week. Just about every week we play sports together, and last week it was a blast!
Since of the lack of time, and the lack of energy, my senior companion and I asked our greenie to send us her weekly email so we could copy it. The following is from her, with some of my editing;
"It has definitely been a week! We had Zone Conference this week and we had many missionaries that met at the church building for some training. It went from 9am to 5:30pm... We have been teaching about 20 people who are interested in the gospel of Jesus Christ! They are all so different but they all have one thing in common, which is their desire to grow closer to our Heavenly Father. All of them have such great faith and same with the members. I was reading the scriptures and ran across Doctrine & Covenants 4:3 which says "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work." I think this is such a great missionary scripture but also a great scripture for those who want to follow God. If we have the desire to follow God and do all that we can to be with Him again, He will guide us in our life and use us to do His work. My companions and I taught Gospel Principles yesterday and taught about Family History work. It was so cool to see a lot of recent concerts tell us stories about how they were able to find relatives on family search that they wanted to bring to the Temple for baptisms. One lady was literally shouting for joy. Ha! 
This week has also been full of laughter. I felt so bad yesterday. We went to a family in our wards home for dinner and their son said something really funny and I couldn't stop laughing. So of course they asked me to say the prayer. In the middle of it my companion Sister Sasagi starts poking my side. (This isn't the first time this has happened) And I started laughing in the middle of the prayer! Sister Williams (the mom) opened her eyes, started laughing, and said re-do! So we started over ha!
This week we also found some new people to teach. They are so welcoming and we were able to set up appointments to meet with them. Its so cool how the Lord hastens His work.
Well I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for my family and their example to me and their testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. That we have been given the tools such as the Book of Mormon, to grow closer to our Father in Heaven. I'm also thankful for my companions (and ward members) putting up with me and my laugh!"  -Sister Fraser

Shout-outs;
◇I still find sand in my tennis shoes. I'm ready to go back to a beach, sand castles this time!
◇We've been talking about Scotland a lot, and how one of my companions has a family history there.
◇While walking next to stores one day, the song Perfect was playing (but there was a weird beat/rap).
◇At Zone Conference, this one Elder played "Praise to the Man" on bagpipes. 5 months and then I'll be home 😉😉
◇I feel like it's on a daily basis that we talk about the military with people. 

I love you all!!!!

-Sister Reynolds
1250 Main Street
Broomfield, CO 80020

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home