Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Love my First Full-Time Mission!


Stake Fair;
Our Stake had a Fair and it was a blast! The only thing was, for most of it I was stuck inside of the church building. The missionaries were doing church tours for anyone who wanted one. I was able to take people around to different missionaries where they gave a little summary about Eternal Families, Temples, and Jesus Christ being the center of our church. It almost made me feel like I was a Visitor Center missionary. Also, it made me think of the good ole days of being involved with a play or working as a tech for some event. There was so much I was helping out with and running from place to place, including sneaking some food in from the fair so I could have dinner. There were a lot of people that came to this event, that we haven't had much of a chance to meet with. There was this one girl named Ashley that came, and I made her go around and invite others to come take the tour, she ended up bringing 3 other girls with her. I love when random, fun events happen!


Exchanges;
We had exchanges this week and it was a blast! I went to another area with a greenie of her second transfer.I love the people in her area so much, and I love her! From her area, I was able to see the mountains again! We stopped by a lot of people and we also heart-attacked someone. Most importantly, I was taken out to lunch by someone from my last ward! One missionary had a birthday, so this member, under permission from our mission President, took the six of us out.
What was super cool was that I saw her a day before, and she told me how she was taking all these missionaries out. I was so blessed to be able to re-connect with her. Most members I know don't remember many missionaries, especially if you severe in an area for less than a transfer. Kris Hersey, however, remembered my name, where I was from, and all that jazz. What was cool was that once upon a time my mom texted her telling her it was my birthday, but then I moved areas. Then I saw her again and she took me out to lunch, it making 14 months since I came out to the mission field. What a tender mercy it was. 

Random things!
^My companion was saying a prayer to end one of our studies, and she fell asleep in the middle of it.
^We took our car to Maaco for an estimate on how much the damage, before I drove, would cost.
^On exchanges, I went running and got an awesome picture.
^I got my flute!!!!!

^On Sunday, Ashley told me I was her favorite.
^My mom sent me a challenge about me and pictures. If you want to check it out, hit me up and I'll give you access! :)

^I totally destroyed/ trimmed my flowers. I'm learning how to take care if them... I think..

^My body is being weird and is getting used to having less sugar. 
^While driving at night, these cars behind me usually have their lights on pretty bright. I took a picture of what it does to me.

^Houses/ apartments here are pretty weird. One place we went to, we walked in the front door of the house, climbed up the stairs, then came back down to the basement to find the guy's apartment. Apartment buildings here are locked, so it wasn't an apartment building, but we did totally just walk into a house and explore it for a bit, kind of weird here. I promise we didn't trespass. 
^Or car told us it was 111° this week, I'm dying. 
^I went on an elevator with NO buttons, it was to advanced for me. 

Shout-out;
-Car's license plate
-At the fair, missionaries were wanting the DJ to play "Perfect"
-I use these magical growing sponges, and I gave one to my comp and she loooved it. Thanks Grandma Berta!
-On exchanges, for lunch we went to a place that reminded me of Steak & Shake, so good!

- Sister Reynolds! 🐵

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home