Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Adventures all around!


Last week;
So on P-day last week, my companion and I went to the Cherry Creek mall. For the most part, we just explored everything that was there (we only get an hr free parking there, so we left pretty fast). My favorite part was that I was able to buy some awesome pretzels and a cheap Colorado T-shirt. The mall was honestly smaller than I expected, and just about every store there was things with clothes. There was this one make-up place, and I asked questions to this guy, because I love people and I was seeing if I could pull-off my make-up knowledge. By the end of it, he gave my companion and I a free sample of sunscreen that protects your make-up. There are perks to just talking to everyone and making a bunch of new friends!

1st YSA;
I went to my first YSA activity/FHE Monday night, or at least I think it was my first. Our District Leader/ the Elder that shares City Park with us, invited our district to this activity to try and accomplish missionary work. We had a video message about Jesus Christ, played some sports, and had poster boards for people to write about how they feel God's love and when they pray. It was a party! I met a lot of new friends, destroyed people at Basketball/ knock-out (only basketball game that isn't dis-o for missionaries), and played frisbee. Sadly, there weren't really any visable results from this event, but I'm glad that we did it.

Injuries;

Funny story! My companion used the 3lbs weights for exercise in the morning. She never put them away, and so they were laying in the central most walked area of our apartment. Your favorite person here, stubbed/ jamed/ almost broke her pinkie toe. (My companion said that she purposely boobie trapped the room) Now, I know this sounds super duper lame, but my toe got all red and swollen, and a little purple. After almost a full day of walking, I told my companion my toe hurt, and showed her. She was both freaked out, and laughing so hard. She begged me to stay in, but I don't play that game, so I kept on going! After a day and a half, and many sisters and senior missionaries asking, I reported it to my nurse. Our nurse just said it would take time, and there was nothing else that could be done, so I refused to rest. I have taped it to my toe next to it, wore big boots the second day (super funny, but I needed extra room for the swelling), elevated it, iced it, and all that jazz, so I'm not being completely stupid. After 96 hours it's still sore, red, and swollen, but I think it's getting better/ I'm getting used to the pain. It really is pretty funny. Now, the picture below is one where I put theatre make-up on it to make it look gross and bruised to scare our worried STL. I know I'm insane for having theatre make-up on my mission, but I just can't help it.

Service;
On Saturday we had this awesome service project in City Park. My whole zone came and we set-up some tents, fences, tables, etc. for a down syndrome event/ walk that was taking place on Sunday. Most of us got there in time, and the guy in charged went over what we needed to do. For some reason, just about everyone was completely lost. So for almost 1.5 hrs I was telling everyone what to do, including my leaders. It was weird being in charge, but nice because everyone was looking up to me, and I didn't have to carry around most of the heavy stuff! It was a super fun service project for Sister Reynolds! Especially because everyone in my Zone is just so perfect.


Funny Moments;
>Before we left our apartment one day, my companion needed a pen... She grabbed the one on the counter.... little did she know, it wasn't an ordinary pen.. Thanks dad! We get endless laughs because of you!
>I've had 2 people step on my injured toe, a chair ran into it, and my companion accidentally threw her bag of beans on it, I don't think it's meant to get any better.
>We got a bunk-bed on Friday (Last transfers we got a bunk bed, then it was taken away from us, we'll see what happens this time). After the bunk bed was hammered in, and the senior missionaries putting it in left, we noticed that we had some mission bracelets stuck on there.

>I needed a change, so I moved around some of the furniture in our apartment. I got on the bunk-bed, jumped down to the couch and bounced on my bed. All was working as planned, except I hit my head on the ceiling right before I got to the couch. 
>One night it was pouring rain so hard! There was a giant clash of lightening and thunder and it freaked out my Alaskan companion. It didn't even phase me, but a car alarm went off.


Shout-outs;
-At the beginning of this week, I finished a puzzle. I grew up with wonderful people that gave me puzzles to do, and I appreciate that.

-The puzzle was called "Consider the Lilies"
-There was this place I walked past called "Stinker", I heard a familiar voice pop into my head.
-I met a Less-active guy. He's moving out, but we talked for a while about golf.
-I've been reading the Bible Dictionary, and in there it talks about an Almond Tree.
-I went to a service, and there were older Spanish speaking people, and they were playing poker. Funny thing, I understood every word they said, and not just because I'm trying to learn Spanish.
-I showed off my frisbee skills, thanks for the silly time you "taught" me how to play in the park.

So much love for all of you!! There's no way I could express it more!
-Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home