Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I love you all!!


My schedule just feels so off because I was emailing just 5 days ago. Time in general as a missionary is super confusing! One day every week, we plan for the upcoming week, and it just feels like that weekly planing session happens about every other day. I love my mission so much, bu someone needs to tell it to take a breath and slow down!

Kids;
For some reason, the Lord has blessed me with the ability to be around so many kids during the duration of my mission. Some Elders near us, gave us a call and told us that they were teaching some kids, and they needed some advice. My companion and I went on and on about different things or ideas that they could try, it was awesome. At church, there was a 10 yr old girl named Ashley. Before church, I introduced myself to her, and connected with her for a bit. Right before it started, she came over and asked to sit by me, and I was really able to bond with her, and get to know her more. Our 12 year old Recent Convert, Ryan, was sick the past 2 weeks, and he finally came to church again. Ryan holds the Aaronic Priesthood, but is currently too scared to pass the Sacrament. Little 8 year old, Nicole Montiel, is always so cute, and she never ceases to run up to me and give me hugs. Maria Chavez is a grandma of a Recent Convert, Brizeida, and her little sister, Lali, who wants to be baptized. Over the summer the moved to El Paso to be with their mom, they were living with Maria, but then she had surgery and got really sick. Maria is now recovering, and she might get the kids back, and if she does, we'll be able to start teaching them again! I love my mission and the little children I can grow a relationship with!  

BUS!; 
Been asked out on a date, hung out alone with the bus driver, talk to lots of people, meet crazy people, have lots of fun! Sadly, we are no longer allowed to share the bus pass/ the car because it hasn't been officially approved yet, but we're hoping that our car coordinator will get it approved. If not, I'm thankful for all he fun times we've been able to have on he RTD!!


Miracle;
Alrighty, this is an actual miracle. I've told a handful of people this and they say I have a very positive attitude, that m companion was the lucky one, or just think that I misspoke. Know, that this event legit made me so happy! :) So, my companion and I was talking from one bus stop to the next, ready to head home for the night. Then, here comes this car along the side of the road, pretty normal stuff. There was a puddle, and i went through it, not a big deal. Then! Out of no where, I get dunked with water from head to foot! It. Was. So. Fun! It was like I was on a movie, or like someone was purposely trying to splash the missionaries. I, being the generous soul that I am, accidentally protected my companion. It was late at night, and I was soaked, but I started getting a little chilly, but I wouldn't have traded that moment for anything! :) <3

Challenge;
Be yourself!! Bring yourself into everything that you do, and enjoy it to it's fullest! This week, while walking around from place to place, I decided that I would actually smell he flowers along the way. I also have a couple of whiteboards in my apartment, with some random school supplies. On the bus rides, I talk to some crazy people, while my companion looks away scared. Be safe, be smart, but be yourself! :)

Shout-outs;
-Saw a sign that said "Modern Bungalow"
-Found IBC Root-beer at Wing Stop
-Also at Wing Stop, an Elder pointed out the song playing, Perfect by Ed Sheeran
-At Wing Stop, I had BBQ wings, thanks family

--Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home