Tuesday, July 17, 2018

It was a year ago that I was in the MTC??



This week has been awesome! I looove being a missionary!! It's crazy to think that a year ago I was in the MTC with my missionary buddies. A ton of things has happened since then, but I really feel like no time has passed. I am thankful that I have about 9 more months of my mission left. I promised y'all crazy stories from serving in City Park, so here are a few bullet points on what has happened this past week.

~Museum: Last week I went to a museum with my companion, a member, and two Sisters. It was super fun. We enjoyed walking around most of the museum together. The Dead Sea Scrolls were in town, and we had the opportunity to go look at them and other artifacts from the time that they were written.

~Elders: The Elders ward-share with us. We see them most days through-out the week. It's an awesome missionary family that we have!
~Safe place?: For those of you worried, I would say yes. But then you have the creepy elevators, apartments, hallways, allies, streets, etc. I promise I'm safe though :)
~Hanging out on roof-tops: It's so pretty to find a place up high to go see Denver.
~License Plate Game: My companion and I decided that we were going to use the idea of starting to see if we can get all the license plates in the US. We started over each day and went on for three days. We got at least 30 each day. Since the 11th, we've found 48 of the US states on cars. Denver is pretty populated with lots of people. 
~Free Slurpees: On July 11th, 7-Eleven had free slurpees. You bet that I had to go over to at least one place and get one. Sadly, we were so caught-up that day we didn't have any time to go to more than one place.
~Lemonade Stand: These adorable little kids had a lemonade stand. My companion and I just couldn't resist stopping by them and buying some.
~Soaked in the rain: My companion and I were walking around, and it started pouring. 
~Lost Wallet: This lady lost her wallet. We were super excited to go deliver it to her door ourselves. It turned out that she lived in a locked apartment. We tried waiting to go inside, but no one went through. Eventually, this lady took it from us, saying she was taking care of dogs there, and she delivered it for us.
~Fire: There was a fire that happened pretty close to Denver. Our Zone Leader and District Leader Elders kept calling us. We were in a middle of a lesson, so we didn't answer them. They were freaking-out because they thought we could've been near that situation.
~Parallel parking: There's parallel parking, both ways. On one ways, you can park on both side of the roads. Just so you all know, I'm a pro at backing people up to parallel park, both from the right and the left. So if anyone ever needs help, you know where to look.
~Parking in general: It's basically impossible to find parking here. Every place you park, you have to watch out for the signs about street sweeping. Once you park, probably a paid parking spot, then you have to walk about 2-6 blocks to go to where your destination is. It's good exercise, but it does waste a lot of miles trying to find a good spot to go.
~Talking to homeless: We got a call from this lady. A sister in another place gave our number to her and said we could help. She was telling us that she needed a place to stay and some food. I'm not sure why members do this, but they think that we can help people with their homes, food, jobs, etc. We love giving the service of our time to others. We don't have the resources more than that to help others. 
~Talk to the homeless more: After getting soaked in the rain, this guy from Mexico came up to us and started talking. It was really hard to communicate because both my companion and I can only speak a little bit of Spanish, and his knowledge of English is really small. He told us that he had been drinking too much and that he was trying to find a place to give him food. He was super sweet, and really enjoyed our company, so he kept talking to us. Later, we pulled up google translate and attempted to talk with him through that horrible translation.
~Dangerous Driving: My companion always scares me with what she does, minus parallel parking. While regular parking, she'll run over curbs. While driving, she'll not see cars, people, and stop signs. She loves being close to cars and slamming on the brakes and flooring it. One day, while we were going to get gas, my companion drove to the gas station where a bunch of cars were. I thought she was going to go around the parking lot. Then, while going to the edge of the gas station area, she kept going straight. My lovely companion drove over the curb. We tried backing out, then her wheels got stuck, same thing with driving forward. Two couples came over, and we push the car over the curb, onto the grass, and on the sidewalk. My companion was so shaken up, that I had to get in, and drive into the road and home. We called out car coordinator and told him the situation. Him and I thought the same thing, it was a funny mistake that we all have to make in our lives.

Spiritual punch;
I truly believe that if you are obedient as you can be to the Lord and His commandments, He will bless you more than you are able to handle. This week I saw Linda, Sherry, Ryan (new investigator), and Montiel family (mom is a Less- Active member, daughter is 8 and will be a member baptism soon) all progress to such a great amount. Their desire and testimonies have all increased. I' thankful for those that I'm able to serve in this ward!!

Challenge;
Something that I do a lot is walk just about everywhere. It's good exercise and over-all good for the body. Find a time to grab a buddy, a dog, some headphones, or water, and just go out for a nice stroll in the wonderful outdoors.

Quotes;
"This elevator comes straight out of a scary movie"
"Ahhhhhh....*moans*....*cries*....*somehow died*"
"My brain can't handle all this reading"
"Hello dark alley..."
"....hello, can we stay here for the night, we don't have enough miles to go home"
"What if...."
"I think we're in an emotional emergency, we need to go to Ben and Jerrys"
"We should just go to the big puff of smoke..."
"...and lay down in the flames"
"Scary, creepy hallway"
"Where are you from?.... Where do you live?" (x27 from an old lady)
"If we got permission to do District P-day, then it would be like a normal p-day plus the sisters... maybe we Elders would actually behave ourselves"
"We are saved from a car accident, and then we walk on Colfax at night"
"Celebration Cookie"

Shout-outs;
-Some kids I know love playing this game called Fortnite.
-I was at the museum with three sisters. Two of them really enjoyed reading every detail of everything. It reminds me of Shane. 
-At the museum I saw dinosaurs

-Also at the museum, there was a mummy exhibit, made me think of the body exhibit that I went to in Las Vegas.
-People need to teach me their mission language so I can communicate better with those of different languages.
-One of the licence plates that we found and I wrote down was Batman
-Yes, I found a licence plate from Hawaii 

I love you all!!
-Sister Reynolds 😁😃😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home