Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Praise to the Man

Happy Father's Day!! This goes out to my dad, my lovely grandpa's/ grandpa-like figures, my brothers, my wonderful guy friends, and any other dude. I hope y'all had a super Father's Day dads and future dads!! 
One of my dad's favorite song it "Praise to the Man" in the church Hymn book, page 27. In honor of him learning this song on the bagpipes, and playing it when I come off the plane (😉😉😉), that's my title for this weekly. Love you!!!

People;
*L- so she stopped smoking and drinking unhealthy beverages for four days! We couldn't be more excited for her with the progress she has made. The next day after we heard that, we saw her again. Lori expressed to us how sad she had become depressed. We found out that she had smoked a cigarette that day and was drinking. We committed her to stop drinking and smoking. I brought her the half-gone beverage of hers. She took the cup, then dumped the rest of the drink down the sink. It was a true miracle and a powerful moment. 
*T- I wasn't there for his lesson because of exchanges, but I heard that the Sisters showed the Restoration video and bore their testimonies. After that, T took his alcohol, put it off to the side, and told the Sisters that he needed to make a change in his life.
*D- I was so sure her and her family were going to come to church, we even saved them seats. I'm not sure what more we can do for D, but she definitely has a dear place in my heart. 
*R- He's amazing, but we still haven't heard back from Salt Lake if he will be allowed to be baptized yet or not. He came to stake conference!!
*Ml- He was a former investigator. We met his this past week, and we scheduled him for this coming week. We'll see if we can officially pick him up as an investigator this week.
*T and G- Sadly, we weren't able to meet with them this week.

Just so y'all know. If you ever write me a letter and I have time to send one back, know that the stickers on them mean I love you. I put a lot of thought into the letter, but man, do I put thought into those stickers. They're not just any random stickers, I seriously spend so much time debating which ones to send to specific people. Haha I'm so weird, but I love you all!!

Spiritual Messages;
This week, during a lesson, I felt prompted to look at and read Mosiah 2:19. I couldn't remember what the scripture was, or why I felt like my attention should be drawn to that scripture, but I knew not to share it with that investigator. At the end of this past week, I finally understood it.There's a wonderful little rule that I've told some of you, and a wonderful friend pushed it into the light even more through his email to me this week. You need to give 70% to those around you. There are some people I know who aren't the nicest, but I'm deciding to serve them continually. They'll be mean, I'll serve them in a way they enjoy, and they turn around and keep being disrespectful. The more I serve and love them, the more this stuff doesn't bother me as much."..ye may learn that when ya are in the service of your fellow beings, ya are only in the service of your God."

Challenge for the week;
For those of you that are members of this wonderful church: On allll your social media profiles, post a picture of you holding up a Book of Mormon. For extra bonus points, share your testimony of it. Family! This is especially for you!!
For those of you that are beautiful non-members, or for some reason can't do, or don't want to do the first one: just read the Book of Mormon please please please, and read about it. Then let me know of some things you think of. Or ask me for a specific chapter to read. If you're struggling with anything, or know someone who's struggling with, then ask me for a good chapter.
Let me know how this goes! If you do it 2 days or 2 months later, I'd love to hear it, and I'll give you a shout-out or do something for you, whatever you want :) love you!!

Extra things that happened this week;
>Sister Sauls decided to get sick on us. Sister Aversa and I took her, and ended up dropping her off at different member's houses throughout the day so we could go to our appointments and get more work done in our area.
>Sister Aversa sprained her wrist. She borrowed a brace from a member for a few days.
>Our AC has been out for about a week now. Two days ago, these members found out, and now we have two fans in our apartment. The Sister who hates the heat and sleeps on the top bunk with a bag of ice is very thankful!
>Stake Conference was yesterday. It was a little over two hours longer, and there were 8 speakers! Our mission president and his wife came, but they weren't given an opportunity to speak. All their support is amazing.
>Sister Aversa, Sister Sauls, and I "tie attacked" (Like a heart-attack, where you put a bunch of hearts on someone's door with sweet notes, but you cut out paper ties instead) our Mission President, a Senior missionary/ one of our WML (Ward Mission Leaders), and Richard, for Father's Day. I love those Father-like/ Grandpa-like figures in my life!!
>Zone Conference was this week. I always find these super spiritual, and uplifting meetings. It really hit me this time, as the missionaries going home were bearing their testimony, on what it really means and feels like. 
I don't think some of the missionaries going home really understood, but I thought to myself, "you'll understand soon enough" to those missionaries and the ones who get at least another transfer.
>If anyone has heard about the shootings in Westminster/ Scareminster/ Bestminster, know that I'm totally fine and safe :)
>We went on exchanges again!! I love those so much!!



>A week ago was Zone P-Day! It was a blast!! I was one of the more active missionaries.
Unfortunately, when we were at the church building, most missionaries were on their phones, so there is a negative side to that. I was, of course, jumping around and playing sports!! :)

Shout-outs;
-I saw the Black Bear Diner on the way to lunch one day. I saw it at a time when I really needed something uplifting. Ps. I expect you to take me there one day ;)
-Our investigator, Richard, went to go see a place with a bunch of old cars, super cool. I'm learning more about cars for those I know that are kinda into them, or knows how they work.
-At Stake Conference this past Sunday, there were 8 speakers, and being myself, I had to do something to pay attention. I pulled put some paper (that I brought for kids of an investigator to draw on, but they didn't come), and my comps and I drew squiggly lines and faces. In every situation like that, I use two faces that two dear friends showed me, and I'll forever steal, thanks! >_< and \(^.^\)
-This adorable 8 yr old member, only member in her family, made slim. I thought back to the good-ole days with my older brother and slim. Thanks for all the amazing memories.

-At Stake Conference, kids of these parents were running everywhere. This dad had to continually go catch them. Everything he did, and with what he looked like, reminded me exactly of this Hawaiian that I know.

Love you all!!!
-Sister Reynolds :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home