Tuesday, January 1, 2019

'Tis the Season


I just love December! I love the cold and the wonderful Spirit of Jesus Christ. Light The World is still going on. This week my companions and I did "Light the Community" this week by baking cookies and giving it to the police officers and fire fighters. It was pretty fun!

There were exchanges this week, and I had a blast. I was with this amazing sister that I'm over, and she's such a sweetheart. Sister Belnap is a missionary that I love for a trillion different reasons. We slept in the same apartment as this other companionship on exchanges, and it was a real party. We also did service with their Zone, and I for a fresh view of other missionaries I have yet top run into this far out here. 

 On Wednesday we went to the temple. It was a really spiritual and uplifting experience. "I love to see the temple,  I'm going there..." whenever I can. I was able to relax from some not so fun things going on in the world, and I'm very grateful. Sister Savage found me while in the temple, there are great things that are awaiting my arrival starting in Janurary, I'll keep ya'll posted! 


On Saturday our lovely 10 year old that we're teaching got baptized. Aiden is pretty cool, and he's also pretty crazy. We're working with members to better help all the needs he has. I'm so excited for him and what the gift of the Holy Ghost will do for him now and throughout the rest of his life. 

This week, and throughout most of this transfer, I've gotten myself into a lot of fights. In the place I live, the speed limit ranges from 35-60, and I follow the posted speed limit. On some roads, my little friend doesn't know the real speed limit, so I get yelled at pretty often. What do I do? My stubborn self fights back. No matter all my efforts, TIWI always seems to win. I love TIWI, but I've got places to go and be, and so

do the other cars around me. Usually, TIWI does keep me in-check, it's not nice to make me look bad when I'm really just following the street signs. 

A super exciting and fun thing that I'm just absolutely in love with is that my District is coming up with the outstanding musical number. We have another zone conference coming up in the next week, probably because Christmas is right around the corner, and they asked each District to do something. Some districts are only having a select few people participate, but all 8 of us are going all in on what we've got planned. As a theatre person, I'm right on-top of a lot/ basically most of the ideas. We have a piano, guitar, and flute player. There's three different languages involved. There's good movements and actions going on. It's a pretty fun melody we have. Overall, it's the best thing this mission will ever see. It's not that good, but reach out to me for the video!! We had a Christmas Party Saturday night, and the 5 Elders were invited, by the first counselor on the bishopric, and they asked us to perform something. Out of nowhere, we all grabbed our stuff, and performed in front of one of my wards. We weren't really prepared, but oh man, I loved every minute of it. 




Shout-outs;
♡I love random, unexpected things! This week, while I was with missionaries on my Zone, and the senior ones that work in the office. I got a small package from an unknown source. In the package was..... Santa.. coming down in a parachute... I doubt understand it, and I can't figure out who sent it, but the missionaries and I are just in love with it! Thank you so much from whoever it's from. For you, here's this shout out, and only one this week. I love ya!!


Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home