Saturday, February 24, 2018

Sister Reynolds "died"


Sorry for the brutal subject, it's just apart of some missionary lingo. Whenever a missionary goes home, they end up "dead", and whoever their last companion was, was the who murdered them. Sorry for taking so long to finally finish typing up this email and sending it out to all of you beautiful people. I love you all!
  
My last week in the field I went to a zone conference. My companion and I were unable to go to our zone conference. There are two zone conferences each transfer/ every 6 weeks, one for the North half of the mission and one for the South half of the mission. I was currently in the North half of the mission, but on the day that zone conference fell, I had a dr's appointment, and President Savage asked me to keep that appointment. I set-up that appointment about a month ago, and I have been waiting for years for it to finally come. So I went down to the south (really killing our miles), and I had a blast being there.

The appointment was concerning my crazy head. The Doctor I went to is named Dr. Joseph Smith! Super funny, gets me every time. Nothing more concrete was brought to surface concerning what I actually have, but I did apparently have a fever. Looking back on it, I noticed that the past few weeks when I was out in the filed, I was constantly feeling on fire and I wouldn't wear any jackets or extra clothing out when it snowed. 

On my last Monday, we went hiking and had a super awesome Nerf gun war with the whole zone! It was honestly my best zone-P-day ever!! However, while we were hiking, my head wasn't feeling too wonderful. It started off hurting at about a 6/10 and then quickly ended up jumping to a 9/10. Luckily, the most part of the hike wasn't steep, so I just somehow got numb to the pain. Then, close to the end of the hike, it started getting super steep. I had to slow down, and no longer was I able to enjoy myself at the front of the pack. I had to stop about 3 times and I ended up behind everyone with one beautiful sister. One of the times when I stopped, I just couldn't stand anymore, so I sat down, and I noticed that everything was moving and spinning drastically more than it usually does, and I almost fell over while sitting. The other missionaries soon stopped and waited for me, which made me feel super bad because I've never experienced being the cripple in the group before. The view, when stopped moving so fast, was gorgeous, and I'm super thankful that we did it. It turns out, that part of the hike was not in our mission.


My companion and I thought we weren't in our area because of our experience when we went out of the mission and to the south for a dr's appointment. We asked one of our zone leaders about it possibly not being in our area and he said "well, this is where we went last time for a hike, when I was serving in this area. What are they going to do, send me home?" He is going home, not this transfer, but the next one, and his companion is going home at the end of this transfer. Trunky missionaries (missionaries who are going home soon and they are just ready to go) are insane more than their usual amount. After the hike, we went to a church building, and my companion and I pulled out our massive rifle and machine gun that this RM sister was gracious enough to let us borrow. There was a game or two that I had to sit out because of my head, but my amazing DL pulled me right back on, and got me to join his team. With no surprise, when there was no cheating involved, my time won! Looking back on it, I'm so thankful that I had this P-Day to call my last one out of my P. 1 of a mission. 


President Savage asked me to update him every once in a while about my health while out on a mission. I have been writing emails to him weekly and telling him what's going on, along with an occasional text messages. I have been letting him know how difficult it is to actually work. After communicating with him a few times and not being able to get any advice from him, my companion called him up and asked if we could meet with him in person. We met with him on Friday, after our community food bank service. We met-up with him in the mission office, so we were able to see the lovely senior missionaries that are stationed there. My companion talked with President Savage first, then I followed. Afterwards, he called Salt Lake City, the LDS missionary headquarters, and asked what the next step is to help me. We waited for about 4 hours to hear the results. Then President took us into his office, and he told me I was going home tomorrow. He called my parents and I was able to talk to them over facetime. Haha! I didn't have to wait for Mother's Day after all see see them again. It was the weirdest thing to be told, out of the blue, that I would be home in less than 24 hrs. I knew that they would send me home soon, but that was a really fast thing for me to have to find all my stuff, and pack it or ship it home.   

My family is amazing and I love them! I have moved in great. It's kinda like a new transfer​​; new place to learn, new people to meet, and I won't stay here forever. My plan is to get better asap and then go straight back onto a mission. If you have any questions , need anything, or want to just talk to me or reach out to me in any way, all my information is below. Thanks so much for your support, encouragement, love, and for those who actually read this email. You are all just the best! I wish you all the miracles in the world!!


Shout-outs;
-Thanks to the snow that decided to be present right before I left Colorado

-Thanks to my mom for constantly being there to fix all the corrections that need to be done to all my mass emails
-Thanks to my grandma for the money to get me the curling iron that I was able to curl my hair for our super "dope" zone P-day
-Thanks to my mom for the silly shirt that says "sorry mister I'm a sister" that my DL and 3 sisters "forced" me to wear
-Thanks to my friend who took me on a boat and paid to play bingo. I was at the retirement home and I called Bingo for the older people. Love that game! Would play it any day.
-Thanks to the silly guy who reminded me every single day to send this email off to all of you. He gave me the most motivation to get off my lazy self and do it.
-Thanks to all my friends and family for all of their love and support during this process!!!

If you had my phone number before it is the same

5432 Landsdowne Ct
Cumming, GA 30041


-Aubrey Kaye Reynolds :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home