Saturday, June 16, 2018

"We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails" -President Thomas S. Monson

Dear my wonderful, beautiful, and outstanding Family, friends, and everyone!



I have returned to being a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I was set apart on Monday, May 28th. I flew out to Colorado on Tuesday, May 29th. The 6 week transfers started on the 23rd, so I came out a little after it started, but not too far in. 

I'm currently serving with Sister Aversa (my 3rd mom in Parker South) and Sister Sauls in the Cotton Creek and Red Leaf wards in the Westminster Stake. I was told that I would stay here with these lovely Sisters for a week. Our mission President does unexpected things, and doesn't follow-through with a lot of things concerning where we are going and who we'll be with, so it might not happen. It's kinda a fun waiting game :)


To give you more of a background on my life, the area that I'm currently is one where you're kept busy. Red Leaf doesn't have too much action, but Cotton Creek is always so busy. It's so busy, in fact, that we don't have enough time in our schedule to do any of our studies. This week, we did some of our weekly planning last night/ Sunday night, and yet, we didn't have enough time. We are going to start doing our studies in the time we're supposed to be prepping for bed. Being in a trio is so much fun!! I love having more people, and this way, if you get annoyed with one person, you have another one to bounce off of. Luckily, I have yet to get annoyed with any one of my Sisters, I have felt tension, on and off, between the other two, so I'm glad that I can be here to tie the knot between the two of them. Please forgive me if my English and grammar gets worse the longer I stay with these two Sisters. Sister Aversa has a Brazilian accent, and knows Portuguese better than English. Sister Sauls is from South Georgia. Now, let me tell you, the way those Southern people speak isn't regular English. Sometimes, when we're with our investigators, I have to do some translating for the two of them. The reason I do this either their sentences weren't properly put together, or because they weren't really listening because of how absolutely amazing they sound! I'll try and record them before I go, it's beautiful! So, like how it was when I was in Parker, I'm driving. Sister Aversa still never got a licence, because she's from Brazil. Sister Sauls, however, can drive and she does have a tiwi card, but one day she left her wallet in the car, and it was all stolen. Lastly, if I stay in this area with these sisters for the rest of the transfer, I will be "killing" my mom. This is Sister Aversa's last transfer before her mission is complete.

Recap of the week;
Tues- I flew in to the Denver airport at about 4. Sister Savage picked me up from the airport, drove me to the church building where President Savage was doing some interviews. After the interviews, President, Sister Savage, and I drove to the mission home. On the way to the mission home, President told me where he decided to put me for a week, and called the Sisters. A member drove the three of us around, and bought us some Chick- Fil- A for dinner (I think I've gone there three times in the less than a week that I've been here, which is a super good think, except for my wallet)
Wed- A bunk bed came into our apartment. I taught a guy named Toby. Toby has a bit of an alchol problem, but he's super sweet and a bit older. Did service at a retirement home and I called bingo. We taught a wonderful person named Lori. Lori used to smoke 40 cigarettes a day. A week from that, when I first met her, she was smoking 2 cigarettes, and as of Saturday, she's down to half.I'm so thankful and proud of her progression.
Thurs- We meet with Richard. So he has had some passed transgressions, but wants to be baptized. Richard has met with our mission President and he has filled out a baptismal record. That record was sent to Salt Lake, and they will look over it and try and get it approved. As soon as it is approved, we will let Richard enter into the waters of Baptism. DM (District Meeting was awesome. It's so weird to see all of these amazing missionaries, and see the ones that once was younger than me in mission age, is now so much older than me. We taught Dani the POS (Plan Of Salvation/ Happiness). She has a super cute little daughter, Savannah, who got baptized. Dani almost got baptized, but some Elders pressured her, and it pushed her away a bit. We're trying to help her come back, if she still has that desire.
Fri- Food bank service, it was pretty cool. Sister Aversa is an STL (Sister Training Leader). This week there was  MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) that I had to take her to. While she was in her meeting, I was with some other companions of STL's, Sister Sauls, Sister Fowler (a former STL of mine), and Hermana O'Neil. I love these Sisters! I stole Sister Hermana O'Neil and talked with her. She has been out for about 9 months, was serving in Nicaragua, and is hoping to return there in July to finish her mission once all the political stuff dies down. After 1.5 hrs of MLC, SIster Savage invited the four of us to see a play/ musical called "Meet The Elders". The 5 super talented Elders put together this musical, making their own songs, and it's the best thing I've ever seen!!! They'll be preforming it at two Firesides for this mission. I'm going to invite every investigator I see to come and watch it, so I can see it again!!   
Sat- I was FINALLY able set-up my phone with our busy schedule. I'm not done organizing and downloading even half the things, but I'm slowly getting their with all that we have going on. We taught Lori again, and she got some air conditioning in her house this time. We taught Dani about prayer, and Savannah committed to coming to church (which she did). We taught Nathan, who, interestingly, is a preacher. His purpose in meeting with us is to just learn more about the Mormon religion. Surprisingly, when we met with him, he didn't try and bash with us, like I know some people will do.
Sun- This beautiful girl named Danielle came to church. She was catholic, but is now looking for a new place to go. Her husband referred her to come to this church, who was a member, but now I Less- Active. She has a 2 yr old as well, and we are going to try to meet with Danielle sometime this week. I have been over two wards before, but never have I been over two wards and hae to attend two different church buildings. Sunday was super busy, because as soon as one ward ended, we had to hop into the car and go to another church building to greet all the members. First, Red Leaf was at 9am, then, Cotton Creek was at 1 pm. After that, we atteded the Cotton Creek ward choir. Choir practice lasted less than an hour. There was a part in the song that no one could keep the beat to properly. With my terrible voice, I had to sing a little louder to keep everyone in my section on beat, it was pretty fun. After dinner, we finally had our weekly planning studies, which we couldn't finish.

Miracles;
​​​​​​​​​​​​*I came back out on a mission
*I'm in a trio
*I live in an appartment
*I love the missionaries I'm around
*I'm over a lot of investigators
*Chris
*Danille
*I'm sleeping on the top bunk
*I'm stealing food from my comps and have been eating decently
*I have been exercising each day, except Sunday and P-day, and it's intense stuff







Shout-outs:
I'm trying to make these obvious, so you should know who you are. If you want some confirmation on that, or want further info on the background story, just email me;
-A friend for giving me some materials so I can describe myself to a 14 yr old girl
-Two little people who joined me as I was driven to the airport
-A guy who owns a samsung, so I could see a super cool way of typing things on my Galaxy J3, without having to lift my finger up from it
-My beautiful baby boys. Thanks for not getting hair all over me when you were near me
-A close guy of mine for motivating me to learn a certain song that I'll play at your funeral (look at the pic for the song, you should know who you are)
-A girl who needs to take some chill pills, for emailing me right as I got back out on my mission, and for sending me an adorable pic
-A wonderful person for graduating two things in the beginning of this month, and about to embark on the greatest journey ever!
-My role model, for giving me some clothes I can show off
-Thanks to my friend who helped prepare me to be back in the habit of missionary life before I came back out on my mission.

I'm so thankful for this gospel and all that it has done for me in my life, including for my family and friends. Life may seem hard because of the different winds that come your way. Adjust your sails to follow the plan of our loving Heavenly Father, and everything will turn out perfectly in the end.
I love you all!!!!

-Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home