Monday, December 4, 2017

Okay, Sister Reynolds now approves of the Christmas lights being up and on


Hey my lovely angels, I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!


Last P-Day was the one with the Zone. We played Mofia, lovely game, and "who's line is it anyways?" There was the question game and my siblings know that no one can beat me at that, so I enjoyed that. This same day before we met up with our zone we went shopping. My comp loooooves shopping. We were in the toy isle and the cheap Sister Reynolds was bored. She just started pushing all the buttons in the toy isle, one being a pokemon ball. This magical ball and I started having a conversation. I picked it up, and was holding/ hugging it and talked to each other as Sister Aversa was finding things for her family. This guy kept asking em questions and wanted to figure out what pokemon I was thinking of.  

For thanksgiving they didn't want us going out and tracting. On usual days, they ask you to try to keep dinner to only 1 hour. On thanksgiving, they didn't give us any limit that we needed to be there, but just to be smart. They also asked us to make sure that we don't get too relaxed where we're just lazy.

The morning of Thanksgiving the missionaries all got together and we played our own Turkey Bowl. I remember how I'd watch some Turkey Bowls in Texas at the High School Football grounds. For once I was able to really participate in it! There was 12 Elders and 6 Sisters who showed up from our zone, we were oonly missing 2 other Elders. At first I was a bit confused because I really had no idea what was going on. So the two other Sisters on my team had a Sister on the other team that we were guarding and were guarding us, and all six of us would just run around and run from each other. Once I started getting the hang of it I was able to lose the person who was supposed to watch over me. There were times when I was able to run with the ball and I even caught the ball a few times and scored once (lot better than my other sisters)



For thanksgiving dinner, I ate at the church building at 2. A family had reserved the building for the whole day. Two total families were there and it was completely packed. There were different areas for games and activites in the gym. I played 9- square (a game that is like 4-square, but you go over the pipes instead of getting the ball to hit the ground -once you're in the middle you get to be king, and yes, I was king a good handful of times-), I also did some crafts and colored a turkey, and then I maaayyy have gone through a bounce-house (so, i maaayyyy have fallen down the stairs while going up to the slide, but i later figured out that was because i was wearing socks). 

There this 20 year-old who's name is Alex, who reminds me of my best friend. I did service for his non-member/ less-active grandpa. Afterwards we all had lunch together. Sister Aversa helped make and prepare the food We had steak, potatoes and salad. I let Sister Aversa take care of the steak because I am no cook, and then she burnt it, it was pretty funny. When we were about to leave and move on, Alex stopped me. He asked if we could start teaching him the recent convert discussions. I was super excited to hear that and I'm super excited to teach him before he goes to the army in Jan!!

Other random things that happened; I was tracting this week and we went to 49 houses and 8 people from those houses let us ask them a 5 question survey. I cleaned out a garage for service. Another service thing I did I was able to ride on this Sister's chairlift. This little 8 year old made my companion and I some slim. While street-contacting I was able to share the Light The World program with someone and he seemed excited about it. 

Since I have a friend who loves asking and talking about it constantly I'll give you a little update on some random information. At the beginning of this week my companion and I have been working out. So I did lose a little bit, until thanksgiving happened. Then I went back to not caring as much :)

Challenge: If anyone has any good jokes, feel free to send them to me! I'm trying to get a good collection of them. It doesn't have to be mormon ones, but just don't make it inappropriate :)
                   Light The World is now out!!!!! Please try to work on it or watch the videos. I want to hear about your amazingly cool experiences. Check out the calendar and videos on Mormon.org!! 

Shoutouts;
-Thanks for being a part of ros and guild are dead so I could learn about the game, and for my little ones to always play the questions game with me!
-Thanks for teaching me about the world of Pokemon older bro, so I was able to have a good convo with my new friend
-Thanks to my family, who can be active sometimes, for helping me enjoy games and running around and making me slightly competitive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home