Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The quote above was said by my chiropractor, Dr. Andrew McKen, (also a member of the church and he went on his mission and got back 10 yrs ago), when referring to me telling my parents what I've been up to this week. I went on Tuesday, then I went back on Friday. I will be going back for a 3rd visit this coming Friday. I can only do 6 visits while I'm out on my mission, so the Dr/ Brother McKen is working me harder than normal people to try to get me better faster. It was kinda funny when I saw him for the first time. I was pretty scared that I was over-reacting and he was just going to tell me to do one little thing and to get over it and I'd be fine. I went in and he started feeling my back and see what was going on after I explained to him the pain I've been feeling. My back hasn't been able to really be cracked since about my junior yr of high school (even all three of my companions have tried) and he was able to do it. He also took my head, pointed to a part on my neck, told me to relax, and cracked it A LOT on both sides. My companion thought he killed me or something. He cracked my neck and back a crazy amount for both of my visits. The first time I was there it hurt so bad that I started crying, when the Dr./ Brother asked me a question and I answered, Sister Aversa said "Sister Reynolds, are you crying?" Of course I said no, but neither of them believed me. It made me realize the pain I was feeling was real and that I wasn't being a wimp.



The second appointment I had Dr./ Brother McKen was messing with my back and he said "this time, please tell me when you're in pain so I make sure I don't hurt you too much." Sister Aversa said "yeah, she doesn't like telling me when she's in pain." Then he said "yeah, I noticed. Usually when people come in they flinch or clench their fists, but she just absorbs the pain."
I'm doing a bunch of exercises to loosen my muscles and to try to get better. If you want more details feel free to email me and I'll do my best to answer what I know.

Diligence brings blessings! Don't forget that. Recently it's been pretty hard to meet with our investigators because of fall break and Halloween coming up. Everyone in Parker seems to just disappear any chance they get to go on vacation. My companion and I have been trying even harder to find more people to go visit and meet. Finally, on Saturday, 3 of our investigators that have been hard to meet-up with opened the door when we stopped by and we got to talk with all of them. We invited them to the Trunk-or-Treat and they all seemed pretty interested.

Tuesday night we had a practice for me playing the flute again. It was a bit over an hour drive. We asked a member to drive us and she took us four Sisters there. This member's son, who turned 12 on Sunday, tagged along with us. It was a crazy and super fun drive! It drove the member crazy, in a good way.

There was the North half of the mission fireside yesterday. It was about a 1.5 hr drive and we got over 100 miles on our car >_< I sang again in the choir for the opening and closing songs. I also played the flute again. When my musical number was being announced they announced me as the flutest and didn't announce any of the three Sisters singing the song or the pianoist. It made me feel special. I don''t think I'm that good, but it makes me feel pretty good that so many Elders, Sisters, and others were complimenting me on playing.

Transfers happened and I'm staying in South Parker with my same companion. That means for at least 1/4 of my mission I'll be in the same place.

At district meeting this week our District Leader gave us a training. His topic was about discerning and listening to the Spirit. What he did was gave us chocolate with different percentages of coco. All super gross chocolate. It was super funny because my companion was talking about how gross it was and she said "Look, even Sister Reynolds won't eat it all". There's a picture of this chart of what everyone guessed and the circled ones are the ones that are closest to the answer, and the answer is at the bottom. I was impressed with my skills, considering the normal foods I haven't liked most of my life so my taste-buds should be the worst. 

Stats;
I love math, when I was younger I would do that in the summer time. Constantly I will calculate how many miles we can use per day. So on the 12th of this month was my 3 month mark. I'm 1/6 through my mission, and that's when I'll be back home and I'll get to see my family again and hopefully my best friend. I'm 1/10 through until I get to see my dear friend who will be going on his mission in Jan. I'm 1/12 through until I see one of my favorite insane guy again. 

Shoutouts;
-Last P-day I bought some Disney cards, love disney! I played Remi and another game I used to play on the DSI. Thanks to my parents for helping me get the little game devise so I can entertain myself, and for my family, nana and siblings, for playing that game with me so much that I could teach my companion it.
-Not only are they being more strict than last week about wearing blazers and how often you have to wear them, but also about having to wear make-up. So thank you to my sister and my mom for buying me foundation and mascara that one time forever ago when we were at the store!

-Thanks to my dad for showing me some exercises to do to stretch and loosen my muscles so when I went to the chiropractor the Dr. was impressed by all that I'm able to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home