Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Can't wear a Costume



I taught Bryce again this week. He is officially done taking all of the missionary discussions. Since his baptism date isn't until December 23rd, we're going to try and still meet with him to help him out in any way we can. We also want to make sure that his mom is doing well. She is less-active in the church, and since her progression towards coming back to church is very slow, we're going to see what we can do to help so in the long wrong Bryce won't feel alone with being a member. Every time I meet with Bryce I always get so happy, love that boy!!



There's also another kid we're teaching. Her name is Jordyan Howard, and she is just like how Maela McLaws was. Jordyan has a mom as a member, and she's super active. She also has two little sisters, who are active in the church, and a dad who isn't active in the church. This past week we met with her twice. We have one more lesson to teach her this upcoming week. Her baptism date is on the 11th at 11 am on the 11th month, none of that was done on purpose, but it's super cool! Teaching kids might just be my new favorite thing to do so far.



This one couple that we're teaching, Tara and Sven Krauss, invited us over for dinner. Their schedule has been pretty busy, and they only had one night that wasn't too crazy, so we stopped on by. They are pretty solid investigators, but are at a slower process. Tara is still trying to understand the basics of what most Christian religions believe, and now because they're always so busy, they can only meet for about half an hr at a time. They're a super sweet and nice family and I love them and how kind they are.


Trunk Or Treat happened. I was so excited to dress-up! I was soooooo ready to go all out with dressing up because I haven't been to one of these in about 4 years because marching band was always in the way of this awesome activity. I finally got to go and play with these little kids and young youth! I started planning what I was going to wear. Then.. I got a message from my leaders... I couldn't dress up for safety reasons. Someone may have "accidentally" brought some bruise make-up with them on their mission. So since our mission president's wife wants us to start wearing make-up, I decided to take some of that make-up and put it on my hand.
I did it pretty simply and I only did it for one of the two Trunk-Or-Treats that I went to. It was totally acceptable by my companion and by members around me. I'm so thankful for the Trunk-Or-Treat and I couldn't believe that I missed out on all this fun for so many years.

Yesterday was the Primary Program in each ward. I have grown close to so many of these kids and it was just such a wonderful Sunday for me!! Seeing these children with amazing Spirits and goofy attitudes just made me beyond happy! If any of you have the opportunity to attend a Primary Program on Sunday or go to a Trunk-Or-Treat, do it!! 

For those of you that are wondering, this Halloween missionaries have to make sure we're inside by 7 at the latest. It is preferred that we enter the house after dinner. It's going to be weird to sit inside the house at least 2 hours earlier than the normal time.

Shoutouts;
-I saw a husky this week 
-Grandma Roerta, I did a puzzle last p-day and finished it super fast, wouldn't have been able to do so without you providing me with about a trillion puzzles to do when I was a kid.
-Thanks to Grandma Roberta for giving me a mini-unicorn that I can grow and entertain myself that way when I have to be back home early on the 31st
-Thanks to my mom for the amazing new quad that she got me!! I love her and can't wait to mark it up and organize it.
-Thanks to those family members who wrote me a letter in the package my mom sent me

-Sister Reynolds :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home