Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Why do I make these subjects if I just say random things?


First off, I greatly apologize for not sending out the mass email last week! I typed everything all out, but apparently I never hit the "send" button, so I'm super sorry for my silence for those of you who actually read these things!



Last week was our Zone- P-Day. What we did was go to the church. The Elders played some sports together for a bit at the beginning, then most of the Elders and Sisters carved pumpkins. I gutted my pumpkin, and like everyone else, I got a bowl and put all my seeds in there. After that we played soccer chair, never played it before, but it's super fun so you should look it up. The next day I got the seeds, washed them, and cooked them. I didn't do as good of a job as my mom did once, but it wasn't that bad.



On Tuesday my companion and I were in-charge of mutual for the Young Women in one of our wards. Sister Galeria asked if she could be over mutual one night. Finally the youth leaders found a day that was opened, and then Sister Galeria left me. Sister Aversa and I put our heads together and thought of our own plan. We decided to do a bunch of trainings (lessons that missionaries give to each other when we have our District Meeting). These trainings were the most active ones we could think of to get the YW engaged. They all loved it, which I was really surprised by because usually not everyone is super happy by an activity that goes on because of the different varieties of youth there are. After the little activities/ lessons, we played Soccer Chair! It was so fun, even all the leaders got super involved and everyone ended up laughing and having a ball. The success of this night was way beyond what I imagined.





There's this one super sweet older gentlemen that we saw this past week. His name is Richard Meese. He loves writing poems of not too long ago. He is a less-active member of the church and Sister Aversa decided to go see him because we were trying to find people in our ward to go see. We saw him and he totally opened up to us and started sharing all his poems with us. He doesn't get any visitors because he's out in the middle of nowhere/ Franktown, so he really enjoyed us coming over and talking to him and listening to all his cool stories he loved sharing. He could have talked for years and years, and now he wants us to come back and continue talking to him.

This Wednesday was our day of our Zone-Conference. I found out that there will be 16 new missionaries coming in, about 4 new areas will be opening up, and that 7 of our cars will be taken away. This mission will slowly start moving to become a biking mission. Also, at this conference, I had to wear a blazer. This mission President's wife thinks that the Sisters all look better with them on, and that they make us look like the wives' of the general authorities. So all the Sisters had to go out and buy some of these blazers. I went over to goodwill and got some... not super pretty ones, but that's all I could find. Not a single Sister I have talked to is happy about the blazers, but it makes Sister Savage happy. We also HAD to get a flue shot, gross. Shots honestly don't bother me, but I don't ever remember getting a flue shot, it's not necessary in my opinion, but oh well, I'll get end up getting sick from it.




On Saturday I watched my first baptism on the mission of someone I've taught. Maela McLaws was already going to get baptized and her family are members, but it was super cool to still be able to teach someone and then watch them enter the waters of baptism. I'm so proud of that little 8 year old for making that decision to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!!
Yesterday was a Fireside for the whole South part of the mission. Next Sunday will be a Fireside for the North part of the mission. This musical fireside is called "Why I Believe". There were 4 people who bore their testimony and shared their story. The opening song was done by the choir of the missionaries in my mission, along with the closing song. One of the musical numbers had a piano player, an organist, three singers, and a flute player. Yours truly played the flute. I will be doing the same thing next week at the other fireside. So for those who have asked in the past, yes, I'm using my musical "talent" on my mission by matching pitch to the choir and showing other missionaries that they don't know how to read musical, rhythm wise, and by playing my own part on the flute!! *bows* :) :)



Service at Steph Kelly's house was awesome! Nothing out of the ordinary happened, but when my companion left to go to the bathroom Steph Kelly was a little worried about me. She asked me if everything was o.k. and if my companion was being nice to me. She wanted to make sure that I was taken care of. She's seen the way I work when I am and when I'm not comfortable. I love her for her kindness and willingness to make sure that I can handle those around me. Also while we were at her house, we were weeding and her new cat kept jumping in my lap, so she kept taking pictures of me because she just thought that was super cute. LOVE ANIMALS!






Just so you all know, this transfer is a little different. The MTC (Mission Training Center/ the place you go before you go out to the place you were called) make a bit of an error. Transfers usually happen every 6 weeks on a Wednesday. This week is a 5 week transfer/ 5.5 Week transfers. Usually, the transfers would occur not this Wednesday, but next Wednesday. Instead, transfer will happen this Friday, and next transfer will be a 6.5 week transfer to catch up. Then after that it will go back to a regular 6 week transfer.
Shoutout;

-Thanks to my mom for showing me that you can make your own pumpkin seeds forever ago.

-Megan and my mom, I got a new Personal Progress on Tuesday night. The challenge is on!! Can either of you finish it before I get back home with mine finished??

-Although you all three quite this brass instrument, I'm thankful for the one that played the smaller one this last year, the one that played the trombone, and the last one who picked football over band

-Thanks to my parents for letting me try out and play multiple instruments so that I may be able to help others feel the Spirit.

-Thanks to my wonderful older brother for letting me play with his legos all the time. I went to a member's house for dinner and they showed us in his basement of all the legos they had





-Thanks to my wonderful grandma for sending me some extra clothes, I've realized I've got about 1/4 of the amount of clothes that every Sister I've been with has.

-Thanks to my mom for the Chick-fil-a I got after seeing a baptism and then spending hours with other musicians with practice our musical number with me on the flute

-Thanks to my dogs for being perfect!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home