Sunday, February 10, 2019

Power of Trios


It feels so awesome to be in a trio again! For a long while now, we've been asked to get 10 actual contacts everyday. These past few days the three of us have been on fire! Also, it makes things so much more interesting with a small party rather than you and only one other.

To entertain ourselves, Sister Christensen and I decided to make/ add to our coin jar. Every time we see a coin on the ground, we pick it up and just let our tiny piles grow. Now that we have Sister Pease, we told her of this new way of life. The only thing is, we have a car now, so it makes it a little harder to find them with less walking. Plus, there's three of us, and so it's more likely that another one will pick it. It's a fun, random activity.

On Friday, we had an adventure of things happen. I was gone most of the day at MLC (Missionary Leadership Council). I left a bit after 7, then carpooled a lot, and eventually made it to the church. There were a total of 5 of our companionships, each companionship had one STL. My companions spent the morning at our apartment and cleaned-out our whole room once again. Friday was the last time that they were spraying our place, and I'm glad that's over with. Then, to my surprise, MLC ended not too long before dinner and my companions picked me up in a car! Miracles do exist!! We no longer have to be on foot, it's crazy. I'm still making Sister Christensen drive until they tell us that I'm the DD (designated driver), which it's not official yet, but I know I probably am.

Last night we went over and taught Sarah. She is the cutest thing ever and I really love her! Her faith is so huge and she's willing to keep all the commitments we give her. Just like it is for all of us, life isn't easy for her all the time. She really wants to be baptized, but because of things outside of her control, there is something she had to follow first. We will continue to teach her all the lessons and get her to read more in the Book of Mormon.

During our lesson, these Elders called us. We ignored them, but then they called again. We decided to answer it, and at 8:30 at night they were driving over to President and Sister Savage's (the mission president and wife) house. They asked me to join. We finished our lesson with Sarah and then ran on over! We discussed some things concerning Meet the Missionaries. I was finally able to offer a lot of my ideas on the table about what should be done, and my companions were in the room next door just hanging out. The Savages know little about stage hand and sound, but the two Elders know a pretty good amount. I felt super special to be in such a small group discussing my passion and really being heard. Somehow, we were only there until 10:15 and didn't go way over. As missionaries, we get up at 6:30am, have to be outside doing missionary work from 10am-9pm, and then lights out by 10:30pm. This week, the musically talented missionaries will meet 4 days and have practice for 3 hours one day, and 5 hours the other three. There's a pretty big likelihood that I can really join them. I've been waiting to be apart of this since the middle of October (that's when I talked to President and he said I could be in it), and I've heard about missionaries doing this since even before that. First the two Elders that I was with last night were called to be in it. They created all the songs. Next I was asked to be in it. Then just pretty recently, 2 more Elders and 4 Sisters (who are mostly extremely new to the mission) joined in. It's been a fun and interesting process!

Shout-outs;
-At MLC they told us to be like a lion.
-I contacted someone in Spanish!!

-Sister Reynolds :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home