Wednesday, January 3, 2018

White Christmas



Wow, Christmas came and went so fast. As a missionary, time just goes by if you're truly pushing through and being diligent and obedient. I couldn't believe it when Christmas Eve hit and now I can't believe that Christmas is over. I'm not done living in the wonderful world of people being nicer and kinder to each other.

Last P-Day we had Zone P-day. We had to wear Hawaiian shirts because one of our Zone Leaders is Hawaiian. Sister Sanwo and I went to GoodWill and found some pretty nice ones. We went bowling together at a place called Fat Cats. It was super fun and I beat the 3 Sisters that are closest to me. It was super fun. We also went to one of our church buildings and did a white elephant gift exchange. I bought a nerf gun and the Elders kept stealing that from each other *flips hair* I know what my missionaries like.


Random things in the week;
^I gave a training in my District Meeting on Tuesday. I related it to theatre, it was, as my zone likes to say, "Dope"
^At one service I helped out with special kids. I talked to them as they ate their lunches, it was super awesome.
^At another service I did, I was at the community food bank. They were having a volunteer appreciation week. We went to the Break-room and ate some food. In came this older man and my companion and I, and our two zone leaders started talking to him. He asked us what we were doing for Christmas. I started to explain to him that we were missionaries and we can talk to our family. After a little bit one of the Elders helped me out and then gave him a Light The World card. It was "Dope"
^For Christmas, my grandma gave me a necklace with a place to put a pic. I put a pic of my comp. If anyone wants me to put them or something else in there, send me a 3/4" by 1" pic or a pic that I can cut that small piece.
^We went on exchanges. I drove again. I drove in the snow. Super scary, but fun
^It snowed... twice... and now a third time today!!!!!!! I HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!

^While tracting, I shoveled some people's house, two little kids in my ward joined, it was "Dope"
^One night while tracting I caroled, just my comp and I, and we were perfectly in-tune. At one house we sang to, they let us in, and we sang "hey Soul Sister" with this teen.

Christmas Day was the best!!!;
-In the morning I got up, at 6:30, and I went to the presents. It's so weird, it was a little lonely not having crazy siblings run before me and start handing me things. This seriously was the year I've gotten the most presents. It was almost kind of over-whelming and I truly don't know what to do with all this stuff. I love and appreciate everyone who reached out to me and shared their love with me. I had some prayers answered that I didn't even realize I had.

-At 7:45 the Sisters picked sister sanwo and I up and we went over to a member's house (The Tarullo house) and ate breakfast. When we got there she had a little stocking from us. It was kinda funny because Sister Sanwo said "it's nice to be home". The member's house that we went to was the member that we were living with. Then, on Friday, we had to move out because of the family that was in town. Tonight we will be moving back in with them though.
-The Sisters brought us back to the house we are staying at now. We then left to go to this other member's house (The Bookwalter Family) and they gave us some scones. I honestly don't remember ever having them before, but they were good. 
-At 10:30 I got to Skype my amazing and beautiful and lovely family. They're so great and perfect! I love them with all my heart and I'm glad that we were able to see each other. It was nice, and too fast, but it didn't feel weird at all to talk or see them again. After me, Sister Sanwo got to talk to her awesome family.
-The first movie of the day that we watched was LEGO Batman. The Bookwalters had never seen that movie before, and they were super funny as they watched it. They were laughing the whole time, even though they kept saying it was stupid. Sister Sanwo got so exhausted after watching it. I loved being able to relax and watch and laugh at something again!
-We then saw this family who aren't members and who aren't investigators, but they were so great and fun to hang-out with.

-As we went to this next member's house (The Bashford Family), we started playing this card game. I can't remember what it's called, but it's like spoons, but instead you have a partner and you give them your sign that you have all of the same kind and they have to shout this one word and then you two get a point. 
-The second movie we watched was Mulan. We didn't have a lot of time, so we could only watch half of it. I love this movie so much!!!
-Last, we had a big Christmas dinner, it was super nice.

I love Christmas and I hope the rest of you had such a fabulous week and Christmas Day!!

Spiritual Experiences;
^I met with this one lady last week. She was telling us this creepy story about her life. My companion and I went back to our house, all alone, in the dark, with a bunch of... weird noises. We both got a little weirded out. It got to the point where my companion, who is from a sketchy part of California, grabbed a knife and was searching the house. That night, as I read the Book Of Mormon, all became fine and well. There is extraordinary power in the beautiful book! I promise you that those who read it will feel of it's power and it will comfort you, protect you, provide for you, and just over-all make your life so much better.
^I had another experience this past week where things became a little crazy and chaotic. I prayed for help to find time that I needed to accomplish so much. That night there was a big snow storm. We were told that we could no longer be out and that we needed to head-in for the night.I was then finally able to catch-up on everything that I needed.

Shout-Outs;
-When the song "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" played, I thought of my wonderful guys who could sing that song at a church dance. Forever grateful for you!
-When we caroled, I thought of my crazy Grandma. There was this one older lady, still pretty young though, and she got super into us singing. Then we, the missionaries, started to have a conversation with her and it was so funny. She was super animated.
-Everyone time the LEGO Batman said "I'm Batman", my mind kept turning to one person. Love you!
-Joseph Smith's B-day was on the 23rd. Thanks Dad for reminding me two weeks in a row.
-I was around this one lady this past week and she told me how she needed to learn how to shoot a gun. I still am no pro, so I'll just steal my marine and get him to save me and use a gun.
-I had to wear a Hawaiian shirt for Zone P-Day. It was waaayyy to big on me, but it's comfortable.
-I played card games with this one family and it reminded me, once again, of the wonderful times I've had playing card games with my family! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home