Wednesday, November 7, 2018

I'M A MOM!!!


We had transfers this week, and I'm now in a trio with Sister Jensen and Sister Sansom. Sister Jensen (red-head) has been out for 3 months, and Sister Sansom (blonde) is straight out from the MTC. I don't feel like I'm training a new missionary or greenie-breaking someone, I feel like they're training me. I love them so much. Best companionship I've ever been in! We literally have so much fun, but it's weird that they look up to me. I have to be the one to make all the final decisions, and it's weird to be given so much power.

Last week we had Zone P-day where we tried to recreate an episode from the office. We played Volleyball, trying to do the episode of the office where they play basketball in the warehouse, and it was really fun! There wasn't much diversity between the missionaries and their personalities, so we never made it a video. We also played soccer chair, ate hot-dogs, and just relaxed. Sports and missionaries are the best!

During exchanges this week, we decided to pick some peaches off of a peach tree. There was one in a safer part of our area, and they looked pretty ripe. They actually tasted really good. Don't regret chances you didn't take, just go after it and have fun!






On Wednesday we had our last dinner with the City Park Elders. We went to the roof and took some awesome pictures. It was a beautiful view of the city, and I greatly miss them. Elder Blackham played a song, "Give Me This Mountain" for Brother and Sister Barnett. It's an incredible piece, please ask me to share it with you, the Spirit is so strong. I've listened to it so many times, and I love it with all my heart. 


Early Thursday morning I got the call about training and then having a 3rd companion who is also pretty new. It was so weird to hear that. I still don't believe it, especially because it really is like a team with us. I mean, I do have to make most of the decisions and lead everything we do, but I don't really feel like I'm doing that. These Sisters are so golden in everything they have to do, it's so great!

We had great breakfast with our stake this week! We also had a zone gathering with amazing trainings. I am so excited for this new transfer! In this area, I've always had outstanding leaders and zones, and especially districts. I have yet to really get to know everyone, but I can't wait for all the amazing adventures we will have. I've already introduced my companions to Downtown and some sketchy areas, scaring one of the half to death. Don't worry though, I'm learning more about gangs, so now I know what to really watch out for.

Pranks! I'm sorry, I can't help it! I have a new girl and then a newer missionary, and I just had to mess with them. My second prank was pretty standard. I asked my child if she needed a pen to fill out something, she said yes, and I gave her something as I looked for a real one... Then my other companion had to try it out too, of course (but unlike Sister Sansom, Sister Jensen knew it was a shocking pen). The first prank I pulled was a little more clever. I told my companions we need to see our WML and his wife, but that we needed to knock some doors first. I convinced Sister Sansom to go and do her first door approach. Pam Maxwell, a sweet older lady answered the door, she said she'd be back and get her husband. Then Chuck Cawood came to the door, he's bigger, has been in the military, has a pierced ear, some tattoos, and has his white hair in a ponytail. He seems a little intimidating, and doesn't look like a member, so he was the perfect person to help me pull off this prank. I love these members. Sister Jensen soon caught on when Pam announced their names, I told my companions their names before we drove over there. They let us in and we were just having casual conversation, and a few more seconds, Sister Sansom finally figured that I was pulling a little prank on her. Sister Maxwell did so good at pretending she didn't know who missionaries were, and she hid her temple picture, her book of Mormon, and statue of Jesus Christ. They worked so hard to help me out, and I love them with all my heart for that! 



One of many- Funny Moment:
While trying to stop by less actives, we came across an apartment building downtown. Since there were no call boxes, we tried the revolving door, but the door wouldn't open and we all ran into each other. They guy at the front desked looked up just as we all ran into the door. He stared us down through the glass windows as we awkwardly turned and walked away in shame.

Shout-out;
-One of the trainings for the zone gathering was focused/ related to golf!

--Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home