Sunday, August 26, 2018

"Another one rides the bus!"

This week was just absolutely crazy!! I'm gaining some really good City Park stories, some of which are scary, and others are just hilarious. Recently, I just... I don't even know how to explain it. I've gone from being partially blind, to a guy grabbing my hand, to walking forever, struggling with getting people to work, sitting alone on a couch for over an hour, balancing on a wobbly ladder, people telling me that people in the Book of Mormon smoked or carried around these different drugs, getting handed many flowers, maaaanny jump scares late at night with people (one in black) coming out of no where, and so forth. I looovvee adventures and story telling, and I'm still completely safe, so I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!



My Zone and I went to the Zoo last week, and Ryan and Sister Green tagged along! The Zoo was amazing!! Of course, since it was so big and chaotic, the zone ended splitting up into at least 3 groups. It was super fun, and I would highly recommend it. (Partly because a Recent Convert, a gorgeous member, and a new investigator, Olivia, works there).


We taught the three of them a few times this week, but my favorite was on Tuesday. Sister LeCheminant played some prelude outside of the chapel while we waited for them to arrive. When they got there, I explained about the reverence that needed to happen in the chapel. We walked in, and my companion sang Joseph Smith's First Prayer as I played the piano, and then one of them said an opening prayer. The Spirit in that chapel was so strong as we taught them about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We taught Shawnee about this before, Sister Green has been a member for 5 years, and Olivia has been taught by the missionaries before, but I feel like they understood so much more this time around. 

Transfers this week. To summary transfers in the Colorado Denver North Mission, "It's worse than waiting for you mission call". On Monday we got a call that we were getting a bunk bed (like the top part to go on one of the already existing beds). On Tuesday we got the extra bed. On Wednesday morning we were told that Sister LeCheminant and I were getting a third companion. A few hours later, we were told that we were still both staying, but no more third companion. I decided that on Monday I was going to buy a doll named Sister Sally to fill the extra bed and space we had made. On Thursday, they took away our bed, crushing my dreams of Sister Sally haha. It felt sooooo empty without actually getting that 3rd person. Transfers created a mixed amount of emotions, it's super stressful, makes it impossible to go to work, and you really can't trust anything anyone says about what's going to happen, because it always changes.



On Thursday/ transfer day, some Elders, who were on bike, had to take our car to go to the transfers meeting. Since we no longer had transportation, we borrowed their RTD bus passes. Now, Sister Reynolds has been wanting to ride the bus in Denver since her very first transfer, that started over a year ago. She finally got this opportunity, and Sister Reynolds just couldn't be happier!!! It was honestly the best thing in the world. Why? I have no idea, but it was just so amazing!!!


Challenge;
In Mosiah 23:7 it says, "... he shall not esteem one flesh above another, or one man shall not think himself above another..." There are so many things that happen that causes one to look like they're just achieving more greatness than another. People will tend to flip their hair and grow big heads. Or, some people will have pity on themselves for never being good enough. It's always good to look and see that you're able to accomplish things, or that you need to work harder. However, never compare yourself to another. Just stop that! "Comparison is the thief of joy", so why hurt yourself? Love everyone around you, and know that no one deserve to be put under or above anyone else.

Shout-outs;
-This cool guy named Mat taught my companion and I how to say Hawaii correctly, mission prepares you for life.
-Mat also taught me some dance moves. He was also preparing me for the fun life!
-It's cool how many people in City Park are in the Marines.
-There's a small black and white dog that looked like someone I know. She had her paws facing out, and didn't seem completely mentally their either. Since you have a twin Jake, I was able to talk to a nice guy named Ron on the way to dinner.

--Sister Reynolds





No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home