Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Missionaries Like Pranks


Transfers happened and *drum rolls* I am staying in the Arvada 4th ward for at least another transfer, unless there is an ET again for whatever reason. My new companion is *does more of a drum roll* Sister Sanwo. I love this Sister and I'm so thankful that she is still my companion!

On Tuesday we decided to play a "prank" on our District Leader. Usual for District meetings we have to wear blazers or suits. For some reason, he decided that we didn't need to wear them in our last district meeting together. Our Zone Leaders go to every district meeting in this area, so they texted all the quails and told them to wear a suit or a blazer. We all showed up to our Meeting with a suit or blazer on and our king quail started the meeting. The first thing he said was, "wow.. I.. told everyone that they didn't need to wear a suit or a blazer and.. you all did.. wow, I feel stupid." He knew that we were all messing with him and we laughed about it for a good while. I love our beautiful Quail District, and that might be the end of all the Quails though. Since we had transfers, our mighty quail king left us. We got a new District Leader and our old one, Elder Hills, made-up this rule that no DL can be King Quail unless they served as the DL in the Quail District for over 4 transfers. It's sad that it's dying, this week will probably be my last week sending a picture of some Quails (just so you know, any bird picture, they are all quails, there are just different variations of quails). 

What's cool about our new District, is that everyone out of our District are all babies. There's "baby quail" who is just experiencing his second transfer on his mission, then there's another Elder who just finished his training, so this'll be his third transfer, his new companion is started his fourth transfer, Sister Sanwo is starting her fourth transfer as well, and then there's the new District Leader and I who have only been out for four transfers and we're staring our fifth. I'm not sure if I've told any of you this, but this new Elder who is our DL, I would see him EVERYWHERE at the MTC. He wasn't in my District, but he was in my Zone. For some reason, just about every corner my companion and I turned, we saw him and his companion. It was so weird, but pretty funny. It's so strange to see that he is now my DL. I don't understand why our District is like this, but I think that I'm really going to enjoy being one of the two oldest people. 

When transfers happened on Thursday, my companion and I were texting all the Elders seeing who the new Elders coming in were. We texted this one Elder and asked him if he was our new District Leader, and of course, he said yes. With our DL, we have to text him and ask him permission to leave our area and we have to account to him on what's happening in our lives. So Sister Sanwo and I have been texting him and we've asked if we could leave our area to get gas one day and another day to go get food. Friday morning we found out, from our real District Leader, on who really was over us. This Elder had been faking it the whole time, and he's been forwarding all the text messages, of us asking fro permission to leave the area, to the real DL. We think that he's pretending to be our DL in spite of Sister Sanwo taking 3 months to figure out his name, even though they've been in the same District for that whole time. Our real DL gave us permission to put a prank on him. We don't know what we're going to do yet, and we've been brainstorming a lot of things, but we'll see if we can make something cool and creative happen.

Random things;
~It snowed, like hard, like 8 inches hard, and Sister Reynolds couldn't be happier
~We killed a mouse.. his name was Freddie... It wasn't my choice..

~I learned how to cook this week.. twice! Two people put an apron on me and got me to work, and they left Sister Sanwo alone because she's a master and a wizard in the kitchen


Sunday;
Is snowed from midnight to about 5 pm on Sunday. All the missionaries were praying with all their heart that they'd be able to not get a message that we would be stuck inside.The snow is the best thing in the whole world, unless it keeps you from doing something that you long to do. At 8 am we got a text message and my companion and I could hardly look at it. Thankfully, they gave us permission to be our on the roads. We were told very specifically to be very slow and very cautious and make sure all the windows were perfectly cleared off and so forth. We were very anxious to go to church today because President M Russell Ballard was coming to our stake center to speak to the people of Arvada and to have it broadcast to another stake! We were all so blessed to have the opportunity to hear from him. 

Spiritual thought;
It's crazy how different it is when you do and don't prepare yourself to hear an apostle speak. I remember, just a bit, the first time I heard him speak, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, but there wasn't much that I got out of it. This past second time that it happen, it was super amazing! I prepared myself a bit more and I took some notes and that made a world of a difference. I was talking to someone after the Multi-stake conference with President Ballard, and he told me how he read the Book of Mormon 4 times, and he didn't receive any confirmation if it was true or not. His intentions for reading the Book of Mormon was because of this LDS women he had met. If you want to know if something is true or not and you have a strong desire to know, then you have to make sure your intentions are right and that your heart is truly in the right place. There was also this women, Dianna, who came to the conference with President Ballard. All three speakers hit every point that Dianna had questions about it, but she had this wall up and so she got nothing out of this conference. It's super sad and it breaks my heart that she was unable to hear the things that were spoken, but everyone has their own agency.


Shout-outs;
-For some reason, my companion, the member we live with, and I were talking about guns. They asked me when I have shot any and then I mentioned this one time that I was just horrible at it. Thanks for that fun adventure haha
-I've been thinking about doing a good prank, and that makes me think of my dad and his fun stories that he has. Thanks for always being so goofy!
-Sister Sanwo broke her glasses, so we had to go to the library for her to order some new ones. I was next to her and bored, so I was on mormon.org, and I found my amazing and lovely brother. It truly made my day!
-Just wanted to tell my mom that I love her and that she's the best


-Sister Reynolds :)

1250 Main St
Broomfield, CO 80020

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home