Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Where in the world?

I'm not exactly sure what's been occurring, but I've heard so much about all these hurricanes and fires. I know about Harvey in Texas and I've heard a little bit about Irma. I also know that there are two others, I think. That's completely insane. Then there's the sun turning red and smoke in the air where you can't clearly see the mountains in some areas in Parker. Know that wherever you are in the world that have these disasters going on, that lots of people are praying for you, and prophesies in the scriptures are coming to pass. 

Traveling from place to place is currently a struggle. I calculated how many miles we can go per day, and we keep going over it a bit. We are trying to find some members to help us out, but it's difficult to get people to pitch in and help out. There's this one Sister who just got back from her mission and she wants to travel with us. The only problem with that is that she is working all the time so she's never available to take time and help us. 


As I've said before, my cousins are right next door to me in Colorado Springs. I got their address, and put it into my gps. It is an hr from the place I'm currently living at, and about 45 minutes from where the place I do service at. So they literally are basically within arm's reach. 

This past Saturday-Sunday was the Stake Conference in the stake that I'm currently living in. On Wednesday someone called Sister Burke and I and asked if we could do a musical number. I was going to play the flute, but then the flute was really out of tune. We added an Elder to sing with Sister Burke instead. Then I was going to flip the pages for the Elder playing the piano, but then I got replaced again. So I almost shared some talents/ "talents" I have with others, but then, out of my control, I didn't. I have no idea where in the world the owner got the flute, but it was a whole note off AFTER I did 3 different things to tune it after I cleaned it.





Every transfer, in the CDNM (Colorado Denver North Mission), most missionaries decorate their planners. I picked this theme for this group email, then a day or two later, I decorated my planner with my companion. I noticed, while I was taking pictures of my planner, that one part of the decoration goes with this theme. I have the front cover, the back cover, then in the middle of it is the bookmark thing for it. 


I also thought the "swan" worked well with this theme. We go to dinner at a member's house most nights. One night, Sister Burke wasn't able to finish her food, but she wanted to take it home. The member wrapped her food up in tin foil, and pretended she knew how to make a swan, it was super funny. Remember to be like a swan, be beautiful and open your winds and fly in the world. Don't be of the world, but be in the world and try to do good and the best wherever you fly.


I realize how bad I've been with my spiritual thoughts and comments, so I'm trying to get better. In 2 Nephi 15:26- 30 you'll see Nephi prophesying about travel. He knew and saw how we, in today's day, was going to be transported from place to place throughout the world. One of my favorite scriptures.

The people;

This week my companion and I taught Bryce once again. His energy and testimony is still as strong as ever. He still doesn't want to get baptized until either November or December because he wants his family to be present. It's super sad that he wants to wait because once he gets baptized he can receive the Holy Ghost as his constant companion, and he is really struggling right now and we want him to feel that comfort feeling and that constant companion. This is his decision though, and we don't want to force anything upon him, it's super wonderful that he wants to get baptized at all though.

We have started teaching this women from New Zealend named Hannah. She was born in London and lived in New Zealand and now lives in Colorado, talk about traveling the world. She has the best accient ever and her two younger kids are still getting this crazy accient too. We aren't teaching her too much of a specific doctrine, but there is a lot of here and there being taught to her throughout the times we've met with her.

Last night we had dinner with and taught Malea McLaws. She is out cute little 7 year old and she grew up in the church. She has a baptism date set for October and I'm extremely excited for her. We taught her the first three lessons and we are done teaching her. I am so proud of her and the wonderful enthusiasm she has to become an official member of this marvelous work.

After being with the McLaws, we went to stop by this women who said she could use help with some service that a member in our congregation referred us to. Her name is Alexis and is super sweet. After many stops, she was finally home this past Sunday night. We talked to her for a little bit, re-gave her our number because she lost it, and then she brought her kids outside. Recently she has been talking to her kids about religion, and she wanted us to meet her and talk to them a bit about what our basic believes are. One wasn't home, one just turned 9, and the other one is 6. They are super cute! The 9 year old went to a baptism a while ago for a friend she has in school. She described to us how she felt "happy.. happier than I've ever felt before". We explained to her that the feeling was the Holy Ghost trying to help guide and direct her. After talking to them and hanging out, we departed and she thanked us for making her have that happy feeling back. That moment literally made my heart melt, I'm so thankful to be out on my mission.

We did wonderful wonderful service at Steph Kelly's house again. First we went on a walk with her dog, most relaxing service I've ever done. Then we helped train Bear for the first time. Her dog's name is Skippy and the horse's name is Bear. We took tons and tons of pictures. I was able to train Bear perfectly. Steph Kelly and Sister Burke were surprised because I don't push people out of the way like my companion might do. I do understand animals more than even those who just love animals, so I feel like I can connect with them in ways others can't really. We also took pictures of her beautiful house. 







I know many of you are struggling with different things. From my experiences with someone I've met while out on my mission, I've had some struggles with handling them. No matter what you do or where in the world you go or who in the world you meet or whatever burdens you currently carry, press-forward. Make sure to show love to others, but know who you are and who you stand for, don't let others run you over. I love you all and I believe in you. Remember, you probably aren't going to stay in one place with the exact same thing forever. Stay positive, look up, remember all the good in the world. God puts you in specific situations because He trusts you to handle it and to grow, so please trust in Him. and He does all these things for you and for you to get the best you that He knows and believes you can be :)

Transfers just came out and I got to figure out where in the world I was going or who in the world I am with. I have been called to stay in Parker for at least another 6 weeks over the same two wards. Sister Galeria is going to become my new companion. She was my STL (Sister Training Leader over a zone, she was actually over two zones though). I went on exchanges with her in her area at the beginning of this transfer. I love her soooo much!! She has so much energy, wants to go go go go all the time, is super positive, very nice, I love her and I'm so excited!!

Shoutouts;
-Thanks to my family members and your ability to let me have one of my childhood candies; candy corn. A member gave me like 7 and it was super good, very sugary, youre crazy for letting that happen tho
-Thanks to my best friend for giving me a 5 lb bag of one of my childhood candies, but this isn't a hint to do it with candy corn ;p 

--Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home