Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Endure to the End/ Continue to be dilligent



This past district meeting, I gave about a 15 minute training (lesson) to 4 Elders and one Sister (that's everyone I have in my whole district). The training was on a talk about the Holy Ghost and Diligence. There was this one analogy that I love;

Make sure you continually deposit money into your bank account. You can do this by always being diligent and active in working hard and doing the best you can in everything you do. The more you do this, the more money you'll have in your account. As a result, those you may teach or people that you're around will be able to get more out of the things you have to say and what you do. You'll also have more money in your account to be able to do more things and have more success in whatever capacity or situation that your strive to diligently work at. I know that you have this wonderful ability to have wonderful and marvelous things come to pass for you, but you have to show that you're worthy enough to receive these great blessings and outcomes.



Just like the pictures I have, you need to continuously work on doing what it is that you have in your life. Don't be like a Sister Reynolds and think that waiting to the last moment (Sunday night/ night before) and then press forward far (like taking a bunch of random photos all at once) will be good enough. You need to press forward daily so you have more wonderful and amazing things happen, so you can end up with fun and cool things happening throughout your life, and not all in just one half hour span.



We got 3 new investigators this week, and two of them are a super sweet couple named Sven and Tara. They were potential investigators that were left to us by some Elders. I've gone over to their place 3 times, but haven't made it past the front door and  less than 20 minutes for our conversation. We stopped by them this past week, Sven (German), opened the door and said that he was really sorry but they just sat down to eat dinner. We walked down the stairs and halfway down the garage, they offered us some soup and let us in their house. They're super sweet. A little later after we arrived, they invited their 6 year old daughter to join us. She knows more about the bible than her parents, she even has her our children's version of a Bible. They want us to come back and talk some more with them and I'm super excited! Remember to never give up on people, you can still be diligent with them even if you don't think you're making it anywhere.



So transfers officially happened this past Wednesday the 13th. I love my new companion! My old companion had some mental issues and that held us back from being able to work as much as other missionaries. My new companion doesn't have an problems, so we are able to press forward and work super diligently. It's been an awesome experience for me personally to experience these two different dynamics. I'm so thankful and blessed to be on my mission right now and for being able to go through different situations!!

One day this past week we had service to perform. We got up earlier than usual, went to breakfast with the Elders of my stake at 7, went to do service at my new companion's old place to make sure it was taken care of, then went to see the wonderful Steph Kelly, of the horse ranch.  After that helped out a new investigator clean around her home because she's currently going through a really rough divorce. We pushed through the day, and when we finally had some time to fit our studies in, we came back home and the mom of the member we live with laughed because of how exhausted we looked, she especially made fun of me because she's never seen me that exhausted before. It was super fun to see how pushing through the day and diligently giving my time and serving others felt good -- even though I was about dead at the end of it.



At the service we did I found myself leading my companion on the different things we have to do. When you push through and continue to do your best, you find out that you're able to help others on the things that need to get done. If you don't try your best, then you'll see that you have no idea what you're doing. Somehow I was able to know exactly what to do with the different areas we have to work at. 





Shoutous;

- I have more pretzels, I'm forever bragging about you to my companions movie boy.

- I'm sorry to my little sis for my dance moves. It's been a long time since I've been to a dance and I was super awkward, so my moves are worse than what you're used to seeing. (Mom edit: she sent videos, but they don't upload on the blog).

- Thanks again to my lil sis for sending me pictures of my dogs, she understands how to reach out to my heart and make it happy ;) :p

- Thanks to my wonderful Nana who is crazy enough to send me endless amounts of super fun and crazy stickers.

- Thanks for the dude who I stole the jacket from and for me using it as a prop for my bike in the silly and random pictures.



Love you all and forever will!!!!



- Sister Reynolds :) :)















No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home