Thursday, August 17, 2017

Are you okay mom?

Sometimes Sister Reynolds thinks she's funny, like this subject name. My mom would freak out every time my older brother didn't email during his mission, on his regular p-day, and I could picture my mom doing the same. So what happened is today, Wednesday was temple day. What that means is that on Monday I don't have my p-day and it's moved to Wednesday. I didn't know about this beforehand or I promise I would have said something. The temple is outside my mission, but my mission is allowed to go about every 3-4 months, I'll give you a heads-up next time this happens. I love you mom, and thanks for letting me pick on you all the time.

There are lots of rabbits, deer, and horses here. I love it! Apparently there was a bear 2 houses down from the family that I'm staying with, so that's actually pretty cool, but there's been no sign of it since that happened last week. There was also some llamas? I have a picture of it, but that's the only time I've seen them.

So I finally did it, I went to chick-fil-a three times in a row. Once because I convinced my companion, another time I did it with a Sister when I was on an exchange, and last a relief society president kindly took us and paid for the food.

One day during our p-day we (a few missionaries in the area I'm serving) are planning on going hiking or something, so I'm super pumped about that! Also! next p-day is a whole mission-wide p-day. Everyone serving in the Colorado Denver North Mission is getting together and I'm not really sure what we're going to do. It's the same day as the eclipse though, I think. Last p-day I went to Hobby Lobby with my companion and she talked about decorating planners and making some scrapbooking stuff. So I might start doing that, idk.

The sky here is super pretty and I love all these- hills and mountains they call it. I have seen some mountains like the ones in Colorado when I was in Texas, except in Denver I think they call them hills, and the mountains in Texas weren't even a fourth of the size of the typical hill here.

I love kids! I am teaching this 7 yr old who is about to turn 8. Her parents want her to take the missionary lessons before baptism because they really want her to understand the choice she's making and make sure she knows that this is her decision. Her parents are active members and I think it's awesome that they're doing this for her. I am also teaching this 9 yr old boy with a huuuge testimony. He has expressed many many times that he wants to get baptized. His grandparents and many family members on his mom's side of the family are members, but not his parents and he wants to join the church. It's super cool and he's super cute and both of his parents (who are currently going through a rough divorce) have agreed to let him do this. I'm super excited! But sadly he might get baptized in December because that's when his family will be around to see it, but my companion and I and his grandparents think it's best to do it ASAP because we don't want him to wait. We told him to pray about it. Then the 7 yr old girl won't be 8 until October so my companion and I will miss that happening.

So sorry that this is super short!! I'm trying to stay in contact with everyone from my MTC district and trying to answer and talk to all those who are reaching out to me, I love you all!

Pictures;
Temple 5:30am and 9am


Chick Fil A sign


Sunflowers because my companion loves them


A super creepy grandma that I found in the store my last pday

Wonderful animals




The beautiful Sister who I went on my exchange with

More pictures of my family I'm staying with, there is a husband but he's out a lot for work

And there is a picture of what my sister wrote in my journal by surprise one day when I was out and about. I love her! I'm so glad I have one sister who will write to me (love ya tho meg ;p)


Questions I've got from other people;
 Have you gained any weight? Yes, about like one or two whole pounds. 
What has been the worst or hardest part of my mission? So I get up at 6:30 and eat and get ready for the day, at 8:30 my companion and I plan for the day for a half hr, and then I have an hr of personal study, an hr for companion study, and an hr for a study I have to do for the first 12 weeks of being out in the mission field, in addition to that I have 3 hrs of weekly planning on Fridays, then theres also half an hr for lunch, an hr for dinner, and lots of time we use to travel. Then the meetings with 2 bishops, 2 relief society presidents, and 2 ward mission leaders. For me personally, there's not enough time to be able to go out and find and teach people, too much studying. I love studying and everything else and I understand the importance of it, I just wish I had more time in these days. 
Have you ran into anyone yet with drug problems? Not exactly, I have run into lots of people with problems with peaches. Peaches are a huge thing here and it's pretty funny, but they are pretty good. 
Can I help you or your companion in any way? Well, actually, I want to start collecting quotes from general authorities and LDS pictures so I can decorate, so if you feel inspired to, please send me that in the mail. If there are any suggestions for good music or talks from general authorities, I'm allowed to have it on a USB or CD, so if you have anything lying around that'd be cool. Maybe some cool papers for decoration or scrapbooking. My companion teases all the time about how she likes silly stickers. (I don't need any of that stuff, but it would be helpful) On a more serious note, besides what I listed, my companion and I don't need anything, we are absolutely happy and fine. Thanks for asking :) also, sending letters to me would be fun too. For all those who send me something, I'll send you something back with a little extra stuff I've gotten/ done from Denver. It's super cool, but I can't tell you what it is, you'd have to find out for yourself ;)

Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions you'd like to hear about from me, sorry for being lame in this email.
 
Shoutouts;
-There is a picture of an organ. That is in a house who is building one in their house!! One of 7 in the country. This is to my wonderful player who is a genius at playing (by genius I mean you know more than me) They will have pipes going up super tall behind this crazy machine.

-There's a picture of footballs. that's for my runner's little brother. Before I went out on my mission you told me to watch out if your lil brother asks for this team's stuff, so i decided to take a picture of this from a member's house and send it to you for him and if there are any other fans.

-Boot camp master/ teacher. So in the mornings I have half an hr to work out. Let me know if you have any suggestions for simple things to do. Also, feel free to give me suggestions Mr. Marine and Mr. Runner 
- All those who about to serve a mission within a yr or so, I'm so excited for you to get out here!! It's wonderful!!
- There are Les Mis pictures, a picture and candlesticks, thank you to the two lovely lovely people who were in that with me.


-There is an inside-out chick-fil-a cup that someone taught me to do once when we were on a charter bus together (btw, my mom has yet to unground you) and I want to see you do a better job than what I did.

Most of my friend's bday is this month. So shout out to my mom (who I already mentioned but I can never talk enough about her), my best friend Tyler, to Dylan, and lastly to Kainoa. Because of you three, you make me push myself harder and do my best. Know that I have reached as far as I can because I have the support of you wonderful and fantastic people. I love you and I will never forget you silly boys!!!

- Sister Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home