Monday, August 7, 2017

1st Monday p-day:)


Heeeeyyyy,

So my new area is in South Parker. I am in the Parker Stake, and in the Castlewood Canyon AND Pinery ward. It's super fun to be over two wards, this also means that we have two phones. My companion, Sister Burke, swept into this area, that means this is her first time serving in this area. This is also her first time being over two wards and being a trainer. So it's super crazy but super fun.
My stake used to be in the Colorado Springs mission and as I have been driving around I passed a sign that said "43 Miles to Colorado Springs". Reaches out hand to my Carter Family "sooooo cloosseeee".
On Wednesday morning the 20 of us going to Colorado Denver North Mission hopped on to a want-to-be charter bus. The ride was about 10 minutes long and we went to a train. I don't ever remember being on an actual train before so that was super exciting. There were two floors, I didn't know that was even a thing. On the train this gentleman came up to a group of us missionaries and told us that he helped make the Preach My Gospel book, that was super cool! After the train we went up the escalator with our huge luggage and then waited and went onto this train/ tram that took us to the airport. That ride was super fun. Since it was so small, many of us were standing, and we were holding onto our luggage. It would start and stop super fast so I almost fell just about everytime it did on the way to the airport, super entertaining for the non-missionary passengers. I was laughing the whole time with some Elders who decided to stand with me, I was the only Sister standing (there was 4 Sisters total) and I was the smallest so I was closest to falling more than the Elders and so I also helped entertain them and laughed at them as well because they weren't perfectly balanced. At the airport I talked to TONS of people and I was able to call my family. Side note. The Elders helped out with my luggage throughout all of the on's and off's of the charter bus and the giant train. Love those Elders even though I didn't know about half of them, they're wonderful!

After I filled out some papers and the night finally came, I met my new companion and we retired to our housing. Guess what- I'm the driver this whole transfer! My companion is wonderful and reminds me so much of myself! She's bubbly, funny, as tall as me, goofy, likes to put quotes on the wall, doesn't put lbs of make-up on, etc. She has been out for 10 months. Also, I'm the driver because she got into two accidents so she's not allowed to drive for the rest of her mission. The mini car accidents is nothing like me though.... Kinda.. 
I am staying with this SUPER sweet family. The place is huuuggee and so nice! If I can get my pictures to work then you can see it.
My companion and I have three different service things we do about each week. One is at this non-members house helping her with her horse and doing weeds. She's super sweet and I loved petting the horse. The other I have yet to do. One is helping out at goodwill, and the other is at a place called promise ranch. I'm not exactly sure what happens at promise ranch, but I know there are lots of horses there. It happens on Wednesday. This Wednesday I'm on an exchange, next Wednesday is temple day that happens about every 3 months, and so I have to wait for a while to go there, but I'm super excited!!So my companion is wonderful!
There are 6 people in my district. I love my district leader! My companion and him are like best friends. There is someone in my district who just got his kidney taken out, crazy stuff.

I want everyone to know that all is well in Colorado. The weather feels like it does in November in Houston when it's in their colder days. I love it, it feels so nice! There are lots of 7-11's here, and I have seen a few chick-fil-a's around here. Some may be out of Parker, but it's still in the Colorado Denver North Mission so I guess I will survive in this beautiful place with wonderful people. Also,  I've been eating corndogs, pork, turkey, salad, watermelons, peaches, etc. be. proud!
Now onto an actually more spiritual and serious level... My companion and I were trying to find this gentlemen who is interested in the church and the last missionaries left for us to finish teaching him the lessons. The last Sisters wrote down the address wrong, and so we couldn't find him. We drove down the road and we saw this Sister doing some weeds. My companion got out of the car and asked her about the mysterious address. We were on the right street, but the house number didn't go low enough for what we were looking for. She didn't know about the mysterious house so my companion asked if we could help her weed. After she persisted I got out of the car, and being expert weeders from helping out this other person earlier in the week, we were able to help this person out. We were outside for a total of about an hour. Near the end of being there, she asked us some questions about our religion and we taught about the Restoration. She believed every word, even the Joseph Smith story!! Long story short, she ASKED US FOR A BOOK OF MORMON, she showed us her super huge and intimidating house, and let us wash our hands and gave us water. She's not old, but is divorced, and has three grown kids and some with children. She is going to call us back after she reads some of the BOM and will tell us her opinion of the book, it's super exciting!!

For the pictures: So the smaller and lighter couch is mine, the one with the blue jacket. Yes, there is a scale in the bathroom. No, my companion and I don't ever fight over the bathroom. Yes, I'm eating a lot with all my snacks. The blue bed is my bed, and yes, that's a super duper soft tan blanket that I cuddle up in whenever I'm downstairs, and I'm usually on the couch. No, I've been terrible at exercising so I don't ever use the elliptical. No, the mess on the floor isn't mine, part of it is my companion's and another part was done by my companion and is one of our area books. Yes, I'm having a blast. No, I never expected to have this massive of an area to work with. Yes, the bed is comfortable, but if you even breathe while laying on it, it makes a loud sound. Yes, I make my bed every day and I get up at 6:30 each morning, but I don't leave my place until around 9:30- 1:00 because of studies and planning, and I got to bed at 10:30 every night.

Picture overload:


Me and the homeowners

Snacks from The Rawe family


                                                             My side and her side.

                                                         Parker Colorado with Sister Burke

So last week I told you about my beautiful playing skills, and it turns out I never sent the video, so I added it at the bottom, watch at your own risk :)
Video:

Shout Outs!!
- Sister Hedi Rawe from the Trophy Club ward back in Dallas/Fort Worth sent me a box with lots of treats and I really appreciate that!
- Red Jeep guy, as the driver I see you everywhere and so just know that I don't have a choice to get rid of you :p
- The one who says that I drive like a bat out of... umm.. crazy town. Know that I'm super safe because of "Tiwi". This device yells at the driver if they're aggressive, too fast, etc. I've only been yelled at to slow down less than ten times. If it yells at you twice in the same amount of time it sends a report somewhere and you get into trouble, I haven't had that happen to me so don't worry. I drive at the very very min, 25 miles per day. I tend to jump every time the deep aggressive Tiwi yells at me, not very nice, my companion laughs
- To the one that's always on the road. My companion and I were driving across this huge amount of houses with land and listening to music and it. was. so. nice. Remember all the millions of things we said we were going to do to together! I still have your $60 in a safe place.
- To those who said I couldn't listen to Nashville tribute on my mission, ha! I can! I can also listen to non-church music as long as it's uplifting and good. Like I've listened to "believe" by Shawn Mendes. I just have to find a USB and a way to put music on it like my companion has.
- The music girl. My companion and I listen to LDS Youth music a lot. Also, on the ride to the library I realized that my companion "hates" me because she was crazy enough to play Hannah M. song.
- Hey mom, I found a new mom, her name is Sister Skeans, and sis, I found a new one too, but she's older than me. My companion said she is also my mom, so I guess I've got two new ones.
- The one who is new to my life and who I don't have a nickname yet for, email me if you have any suggestions I just wanted to let you know that I have been drinking a lot in this wonderful cool place and the members are forcing me to eat, so you don't have to worry about that ;p
- Hey farm boy from Virginia, you should tell me all your skills to help me out when I go do this awesome service at the Promise Ranch.
-To the yellow person who is always cold along with the chill pill person and the person that lives with that person. In the basement that I'm staying at, it's always super cold, its like 50 degrees down there. It feels nice being cold, but now I know how you three feel like so often.
- To the one who I am your "favorite customer". I want you to know the roles have switched. You are like my favorite customer outside of my family because no one else emails me as much as you.
- I was talking with a leader last night for a long time and he brought up the military friend he had when he was in a dangerous situation. My mind went to my marine man and I want to thank him for being so wonderful and nice to me throughout all the years I've known him. You're super respectful and sweet. I love you my best friend!
- I took a picture with my 'sister'. I want to thank a wonderful friend for the jacket because it really does get cold down there. And I wanted you to pay attention to the shirt I'm wearing, because I have a wonderful friend who can match me, which by the way, I also have your large shirt that I wear for pj's too.


-Sister Reynolds :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home