Wednesday, October 4, 2017

General Conference :)


Wow! General Conference happened, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to watch it then when I've been on my mission. There was no favorite talk that I loved more than the rest. What I used to love doing is looking up quotes from the talk and writing them down or putting it on my wall in my room. If anyone has any talk that they loved would you please send me a quote from it and tell me what you liked about it. I would love nothing more than to hear about it from you. In response, I'll tell you my thoughts on the talk as well!!

This week my companion and I had a lesson with this mom named Wendy. We actually met with her together for the first time. She completely opened up to us and expressed her struggles and concerns. The Spirit was so strong and she was in tears the whole time. We hope to meet with her more this week and see what we can do to help her. She has two really close families who are members and they're a huge help with Wendy. 


Our little 9 year old Bryce finally has a baptismal date. He wants to get baptized on December 23rd because he wants his families to be there for when he gets baptized. It's super far away, but I'm thankful for his decision to get baptized. It's almost good in a way that it's so far, because although he's completely ready to get baptized tomorrow, we feel like we need to help his mom come back to the church more. Chelsea is a less active member, and it makes it harder for a little kid to be part of a church when his mom isn't fully into it.

Friday night we went on exchanges. My STL, Sister Merrill came and slept over with me. Saturday, in-between the conferences, we did a switch and I went with my old companion, Sister Burke, until we switched back at 8:30 pm. We have a solo STL and Sister Burke is just a normal companion with an STL (Sister Training Leader). It's a little confusing, and I don't really know why there are solo STL's instead of a companionship of them, but the new Mission President felt inspired to try this out. On exchanges Sister Burke really wanted pictures, so that's what we did for a quick second when we were back together.




The weather is super cool recently and I couldn't be happier. There is snow on the mountains and it's sooo pretty. The mountains look less like shadows and more like a super beautiful white peak. I will never be able to get over the views with the mountains and the clouds of Colorado, especially in Parker.



At Promise Ranch, the theraputic horse ranch, the little boy that had a lesson the time we do service there didn't show up. So I walked around the horse he was going to us and waited to see if he was just going to show up. He never showed up, so then the person who is in charge of us was trying to think of something for us to do. A return missionary showed up, her last area she served in while she was on her mission was in South Parker and she did service at Promise Ranch. After her mission she moved to South Parker and now she works at that place. So she showed up for work and she told Shannon that we should walk the donkeys. It was soooo funny and super fun. I had Kate and Sister Galeria had Jake. We tried to run with them, but they're pretty stubborn haha.

I made cinnabon cinnamon rolls with the members that I live with on Sunday morning. It was pretty good!! It was super fun to make them too. From my memory, I don't think I ever made a home-made cinnamon roll, hope you're proud of me my little cook friend. When we were taking silly pictures of us making the food, the dad of the house threw powder on Sister Galeria and my face, we didn't actually become a mess from cooking until he decided to get involved haha.






On Saturday I saw general conference at a church building with some other missionaries. It was super awesome to be able to be around my fellow people. 



Alright, I need everyone's help please!!

1) Tell me a quote from general conference and what you liked about that talk

2) Simple ways I can get a lot of exercise in

3) Fast, cheap, and healthy meals that I can take with me on the go



Shoutouts;

- I walked into a members home and they had "Open Arms" playing... yeah... good song!

- I had cinnamon rolls Sunday morning, and I wouldn't have been so dedicated to wanting to have that without my wonderful family

- Hey Best Friend!! I was reading in the Book of Mormon and Alma 43:45 made me thing of you and what you do

- There was this one undressed 3 yr old and he was running a batman mask and saying how he's batman, it made me thing of the not Bob guy

- The one who played football in middle school and beginning of High School. It's kinda creepy because there's a lot of people around the place that remind me of you at your different stages, and they all look pretty similar to you. One of them is pretty shy, one was trying to show off to his friends and to some girls, and one is an absolute sweetheart. 

-Thanks to my dogs for the exercise they gave me in letting me walk them and getting some intense experience in that I could use when I'm on my mission walking an investigator's talk with her and her kids!

Stay happy!!!

-Sister Reynolds :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home