Tuesday, July 18, 2017

1st PDay

Dear people,

I'm so thankful it's my pday, it's super relaxing and it's cool to finally be able to start emailing you guys. I'm not allowed to say "you guys" here, it's pretty fun to get onto other Sisters and Elders when they accidentally say it though.

I have one companion and on top of that two other Sisters who I share a room with. These are the only girls in our district. They're all super fun and sweet. My companion seems a little off at times, but I love her and it's nothing that really gets in the way of the Spirit of the Lord. The room I'm in is pretty big. I am in the top bunk next to the window, across from that is my desk, I have a little closet area, and I just really am impressed by how big it all is.

So the only thing that I expected about the MTC before I came here was this huge building that you were always locked up in. I had a few people tell me how you couldn't leave the campus, but there are a bunch of different buildings. There is a hand full of different buildings for the Sisters and Elders, a building with the cafeteria along with other things, one for the store that's located here and also has mailing and a gym down stairs (mainly full of weights), there's a building for another huge gym with basketball and volleyball and a track, and a few more with classrooms and other stuff.There are flowers everywhere and no matter what time of day it is it always smells so beautiful.

This past week in our zone meeting (district is smaller and zone is bigger), I got to lead the closing song and it was super fun. Once the meeting was done I had people come up to me and thank me for my smile during that song. In my district there are 6 total people going to Colorado Denver North Mission. There's my companion and I, and two other sets of Elders. The Sisters in my room are going to Virgina. There are 16 total in my district, 48 total in my zone. 75% of us are Elders. Some of these people are going to Canada, but a different mission than my dear older brother. I was also able to conduct the music at the beginning of our district meeting, aka the only one to do so in my district, which was cool especially because my district leader asked me to do so. In the same meeting that I conducted at the zone meeting, I was asked to be a greeter to people before sacrament starts, so that's super super exciting. 

This past Wednesday there were about 800 new missionaries coming into the MTC, tomorrow there'll be at least another 700, this is way more than the usual and the MTC is trying to figure out lots of scheduling things with this.

The store that's located here, every Wednesday night, the Sister's get $8 on our cards and the Elders get $6. We have scheduled exercise times, and so I haven't lost or gained any weight yet. My companion apparently looked it up before we got here, and the average weight gain for a missionary for where we are going is 30 lbs. Crazy enough, I have been training myself to eat 3 meals a day, so no need to worry bout that my dear friends. The chocolate milk here is good as my Carter cousins told me about. There is pizza night every Friday, that's awesome. One thing that I sadly can't do though is chew gum, but somehow I'm getting off that "addiction". 

Turns out, I'm saying this to my family who told me no, I can 't use headphones and run- they sell headphones at the store, but I don't need that life anymore.

The Sisters and Elders in my district are super fun. One day, after exercise time, the Sisters walked into the classroom with most of the Elders already sitting there. We smelt a really strong smell and the guys were laughing. Turns out, everytime the Elders walk past us they think we smell good, so they were worried that they smelt bad and so before we walked in one of the Elders pulled out his cologne, and they passed it around the room. Another time, the teacher told one of the Elders that he needed to click through the computer to go through a lesson next time we showed up to class. Little did we know- that the teacher wouldn't show up, the teacher wouldn't be there, and that none of us knew how to sign onto the computer, so we just walked to a different classroom that no one was in, and started  class that hoping no one would come. It all worked out fine, but we were all super lost.

A quick shout out to some of those I love, you'll know if it's you and I know it's super confusing;
- My wonderful youth program in the Lake Creek Ward, thank you so much for my laundry bag and all the things you wrote on it, it's worked out wonderfully and I did my laundry perfectly today because of that.
- Chill pill girl, I use the notebook/ journal for notes every day and the sticky notes very often
- Always having a companion with you, nothing really seems to get LONEly, I hope you're figuring out life as you do your crazy projects and shine bright like a STAR.
- Life here tends to be MUSHing along, but I hope things for you aren't too crazy without your "best friend"
- Preachy, I was thinking about you when a general authority Elder with the same first name as you talked about being selfless, especially on your mission
- There's no snow here yet, but I wish some would finish working on what they need to to get here ASAP, let me know when you get your call please!
- BRAT my man, you better be at the MTC one day, and don't worry, they make you go outside all the time to get from one place to another so you gotta get used to not being a homebody 
- My dear yellow bumble bee, I hope I'm not BUGging you too much, but my LADY, it's nice to have my own space at the MTC
- Things here tend to FLI by, but even though my mind is preoccupied with a million of things, I do miss our adventures
- Some Sisters say it's cold in the middle of the night, but for me, I have enough things to keep me warm so it doesn't seem to B a problem

if anyone wants to know more about me or what happens here, just email me and I'll get it during the week and answer it on Tuesday

Sister Aubrey Kaye Reynolds
Colorado Denver North Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 East
Provo UT 84602
United States

- Sister Reynolds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home