Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Alvin and the Chipmunks




My companions and I have been trying for a while to figure out what trio the 3 of us represent. We've went through a bunch of movies and tv shows and we were stumped. Finally, while visiting someone who might be interested in talking with us, it clicked. We saw these three giant Chipmunks! Sister Jensen is Simon, the smart guy with glasses. Sister Sansom is Theodore, because he is just so cute and sweet. Of course, I'm Alvin because, in reality, it's all about me (not to mention, when people talk about our stuff, they say "Sister Reynolds ___"). I love my chipmunk sisters!

Tuesday- The day was a pretty normal day of missionary work. At night we came home, and Sister Reynolds was in the middle of showing a cool, magical card tricks, then BOOM! The power goes out! Honestly, I sat there for a second, wondering what I should do. We each grabbed a flashlight, because we are prepared sisters, our phones, and lit up our tiny apartment. When I looked out the window, what did I see? Nothing!! The power was out from as far as we could see. The three of us decided to take a small trip outside to get a chance to look at the starts. We ran into our super funny and nice maintenance guy, and he informed us that in one direction, the power was out for at least 50 blocks/ all the way to the highway. It was really fun not having power, and it only lasted for about an hour. Within that hour, I heard about 7 ambulance sirens go off. Looooove City Park! 😁


Wednesday- Zone Conference! Zone Conference is always such an amazing experience!! We did, however, get shots. It was so funny to watch just about every missionary over-react over them. After Zone Conference we had dinner with a family, and one of their sons was turning 7 soon, so we had a little birthday celebration dinner! It was awesome because no one ever invites us to parties as missionaries.


Thursday- Taught Sherry!! There are so many more principles we need to teach her before she is baptized on the 24th, but she is so prepared! We had an appointment set-up with Angela and Nicole Montiel. Angela totally forgot, so when we came by, Nicole was away with friends. We read the scriptures with Sister Montiel, and right before we were about to leave, Nicole came home. I said "hide!" and Nicole walked inside, and it took her a minute to realize that there were other people at her house, I love that 8 yr-old!!

Friday- Friday morning Vaughn kept texting us, saying how much he loves cookies and that he made some. After hinting that we like cookies too, he invited us over. We were able to teach Vaughn a little about temples, while we ate cookies and I played with his ginormous dog, which his hair went all over my black skirt. While we were with Vaughn, he made the cookies, Tattor became my new best friend, and the Elders came over twice (once to get some papers from us, and then again to get cookies and join in on the lesson). That being said, we were with Vaughn a lot longer than we meant to be, and most places in Downtown requires you to pay at a arking meter. Well... we got a Parking ticket!! We went over about 15 minutes, maybe. I love having so many experiences here!!

Saturday- Sherry had her baptismal interview! This week she has just been beyond happy! It's so amazing to see that light inside of her just glow! I had some questions for my wonderful mission president, President Savage. He gave us a call Saturday morning and asked us to meet him at the Chick-Fil-A right across from where we live. I was more than wiling to meet him there, and all we had to do was walk over. He bought us each a drink and it was super sweet.

Sunday- I was so happy because so many of those I love came to church! Angela and Nicole Montiel, and Vaughn, his daughter, and the daughter's boyfriend!!
In Sister Sansom's mass email she wrote, "The Saga of the Guinea Pig Incident continues ... yet again, poor Sister Jensen has been peed upon this past week. She really shouldn't have laughed so hard the first time it happened to someone else and maybe karma would have allowed her to get peed on less!"


-Sister Reynolds :)
1250 Main Street
Broomfield, CO 80020

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Transfer Home